What's That Thing You're Sittin' In Front Of Look Like?

Cause my good computer died on me I have my Compaq in it's place until I replace the others motherboard or until I build a new one. But this is what my desk looks like now. I just rearranged everything cause of the LCD. It allows me to put it on the lower part of the desk where I can see it cause of the "small" size.

desk.jpg

Post pics of your computer area.

Wow, that's just... wow. :D

I love the 5.1 speakers system turned into 3.1 mod. How'd you do it? Also, the Newegg.com sticker on your computer reminds me of the AEM stickers on your Civic. Do you have Lowes stickers on your house, and Lazy Boy stickers on the furniure? :P

BTW, i'd take a picture bit I'm not at home.

Edited by Bubba Bob

what AEM stickers on my car? there is only one on the rear winshield that says HondaTuner.com. I don't have anything AEM on my car. I want AEM stuff on m car instead of APC.

Any way people I really would like to see the setups ya'll have. It's fun to know if others desks are as covered up in crap as mine.

Any way people I really would like to see the setups ya'll have. It's fun to know if others desks are as covered up in crap as mine.

Ain't no one has as cluttered up home computer work area as I have... and I'd prove it if I could find my digital camera under all this crud. :lol:

I wish I had an area that big. lemme post a pic of what my bedroom setup looks like. The one on the right is where my Compaq used to sit. Right now there is nothing. If you look hard enough at the mouse pad you'll notice Barney Fife is on it. It says "This computer protected by Fife". I got it at Mt. Airy, N.C. Andy's home town. That mass of parts on an Acer box is what used to be my main computer. I'm still trying my damnedest to get it running again. The setup on the left which it is hooked up to is my repair station. That's where I hook up comuters I'm fixing. The "desk" is actually and old fold out table top sewing machine. I pulled the drawer out and put my FX5700 Ultra box on it for a place for the mouse.

bedroomdesk.jpg

Edited by Honda_Boy
Cause my good computer died on me I have my Compaq in it's place until I replace the others motherboard or until I build a new one. But this is what my desk looks like now. I just rearranged everything cause of the LCD. It allows me to put it on the lower part of the desk where I can see it cause of the "small" size.

desk.jpg

Post pics of your computer area.

Hey what up with "I love you" card?

All those cards and that "book" are all things my girlfriend made for me, so I put them there so I can see them everyday when I'm at my computer. That particular "I Love You" card was from her on valentines day. :)

B

I wish I had an area that big. lemme post a pic of what my bedroom setup looks like. The one on the right is where my Compaq used to sit. Right now there is nothing. If you look hard enough at the mouse pad you'll notice Barney Fife is on it. It says "This computer protected by Fife". I got it at Mt. Airy, N.C. Andy's home town. That mass of parts on an Acer box is what used to be my main computer. I'm still trying my damnedest to get it running again. The setup on the left which it is hooked up to is my repair station. That's where I hook up comuters I'm fixing. The "desk" is actually and old fold out table top sewing machine. I pulled the drawer out and put my FX5700 Ultra box on it for a place for the mouse.

bedroomdesk.jpg

That wallpaper would give me nightmares :D

See you all Sept 23rd!

Good idea, postin' pics of our systems, but with my old POS it'd be a project worthy of a Federal Mandate:

Let's see; go to the store & buy batteries for the digital camera (they die within days whether it's in use or not), clean up the most embarrassing messes (not sanitize, just make it appear I'm not the slob that I am), take the shot (or several, as I use the camera so infrequently there's bound to be some experimenting), shut down every program running (to prepare for the camera being plugged in, its software is a CPU hog), plug in the camera, troubleshoot why the camera software isn't running, reboot numerous times, finally get the software running, d/l the shots, perform any edits necessary, reboot to get my resources back from the camera software, u/l the shots, post 'em. I'll get back to ya in a week. :lol:

What a dump!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

It looked worse before I rearranged it and cleaned it up. Also I have swapped keyboards since that picture. The keys on that old Elite were gettin stiff. I put my newer Elite LE in it's place.

That wallpaper would give me nightmares :D

See you all Sept 23rd!

That's wallpaper is on only half my room. I have a suite. There are some double doors and they used to be closed. On one side of them was my brothers room (UT) and the other my room (blue plaid). Now both are mine and all my tech and entertainment stuff is on the UT side just about.

Edited by Honda_Boy
That's wallpaper is on only half my room. I have a suite. There are some double doors and they used to be closed. On one side of them was my brothers room (UT) and the other my room (blue plaid). Now both are mine and all my tech and entertainment stuff is on the UT side just about.

At any rate, I'd have to find some kelly green paint quick!! :D

picture15kl.jpg

picture25ju.jpg

picture38jm.jpg

Sorry for the crappy quality. My digital camera is MIA and these are with my webcam .. which happend to be attached to the computer with a wire so I was kind of limited. I had 2 computers set up, but I moved one out yesterday into the other room. The lighted up computer is the one I'm on, and the other is a POS thing that I dunno what to do with :P . I have Surround Sound to it. I have a video of the subwoofer on youtube :P. I'm getting a new one soon.

Edited by Steamhead

You know whats weird, I imagined Steamhead's setup just like those pics. Al black and silver, sitting in a dark basement. :matrix:

Wow Jeff, nice monitor! Kills my 13.8" viewing area CRT monitor any day... :pirate:

And Honda_Boy... wow how do you find anything in there?! :lol:

lol .. it used to be a garage. I took out the garage door ..

(which btw i found out is a lot heavier without the spring things ... -.- )

and painted the walls and added carpet. It's nice until it rains real bad .. Then it becomes an indoor swimming pool with a risk of electric shock...

^.^

btw thanks handplane :)

Edited by Steamhead

This picture is 2 years old or a little over. I don't own a dig. camera, but I had some pictures on film that I had put onto CD.

Anyhow, this is my modified Compaq 5,000 1.7 GHZ. I was told this could not be done. Well with some modding I was able to get the mother board and PSU. to fit in this case. :thumbsup: I also have a Dell 4600 3.0 GHZ. right next to this one minus a case Mod. I also got rid of my clunky ole 17 inch Compaq monitor and replaced it with a 19 inch Flatron LCD. 4 MS. :thumbsup: I also have two Belkin UPS. units, so each rig has it's own power supply back up.

Right now, I am ashamed to say my work area looks terrible.

024_21A.jpg

025_22A.jpg

7692142_sa.jpg

Edited by Shadow_Thomas

hey tenmm you monitor is a sans speeaker version of mine the AL1917. Also mines black. yeah my desks and room are complete and utter messes. funny thing I can find everything. If I clean I lose everything. If you want I can take pictures of the rest of my room (and all the computer parts strewn througout). Even my car is full of crap maybe some pics of it are in order.

Edited by Honda_Boy