ok, my brother is haveing a problem when hye logs on,. and it doesnt happen to anyone else on the computer.

well, he will log in, and thwe screen resolution will go very high, i dont know how high exactly, but you can only see about 1/4 of the screen. so he has to go to another account, usialy mine, and turn the resolution down. apparently, the resolution goes high on mine too, but it doesnt look like it, so he can still see what is going on.

like i said though, it only happens on his accoun, no one elses.

so, how can he get it so that it does not do that anymore?

ty

-j0e

Edited by jamaicaman

Is this immediately upon logging in, or after he runs a program (especially a game)? If it's after running a program, that program is misbehaving, changing the resolution then not changing it back (at least, that used to be the source of this type of problem -- XP may be immune, or not).

If it's immediately I believe there must be a program running at startup that does this, use a Startup Manager utility to look at what starts up with his setup and see if you can figure out what might be doing this.

Is this immediately upon logging in, or after he runs a program (especially a game)? If it's after running a program, that program is misbehaving, changing the resolution then not changing it back (at least, that used to be the source of this type of problem -- XP may be immune, or not).

XP is not immune to that effect especially if something is crashing.

After he resets the resolution in your account, if he logs back in to his account what happens?

My suggestions to help solve the problem include trying to change the resolution of the screen while he is still logged in. This is because the problem could be a setting that is specific to him. On that note does he have administrator privileges? If you have the option of a different monitor or different output connection you might try that, as a different monitor should cause windows to re-auto detect the resolution settings.

I hope this helps.

Bryan Miller