Well I've decided to get one since they finally are startin to perform decently in games. Also I remember my dad sayin a while back when we had an 8 year old decrepit 17" CRT and my dad said he wished we had an LCD even if it was a 15". Well I want one now too, only I'm getting a 19". Well I'm deciding between these two.

Rosewill R913E 19" 4ms LCD

This is the Rosewill. It has a 4ms response time and has a 5 star rating. Also only weighs 9.7 pounds. Only problem is the DVI cable that somes with it is too big due to an awkward DVI connection psotion in relation to the stand, but supposedly Rosewill will send you a free low profile DVI cable to solve the problem.

ViewSonic VG920 Silver-Black 19" 8ms LCD

Ok this is the Viewsonic. Better name, 5 star, no awkward DVI position, Black and Silver (to match my systems color scheme), but an 8ms response time instead of the 4ms of the Rosewill. Also it has awkward button placement and weighs a whopping 15.4 pounds.

Rosewill's stuff is abundant on newegg as more budget oriented items and has many 5 star rated items. But they also have many low rated items too. Viewsonic is pretty much the biggest name in monitors (or at least to me) and has many 5 star rated items and a few lower rated items. So which do ya'll feel is the better deal. Thanks for any insight on this.

P.S. I don't know crap about performance outside response time so maybe there is something smarter people could find better about one monitor.

Edited by Honda_Boy

I've already done my shopping and I'm choosing between these 2 monitors. I have looked at a ton of them. Besides, I quit dealing with tigerdirect after I discovered newegg. I can usually find what I'm looking for far more easily and plus their selection is about 3 times bigger. Tigerdirect doesn't give the info that newegg does either and you look at a price and think "hey thats good" but wait it's after a rebate. I've never gotten a single rebate. Besides that same rebate crap is goin down with the rosewill anyway. I want to know between the 2 I have picked which is better.

Edited by Honda_Boy
I've already done my shopping and I'm choosing between these 2 monitors. I have looked at a ton of them. Besides, I quit dealing with tigerdirect after I discovered newegg. I can usually find what I'm looking for far more easily and plus their selection is about 3 times bigger. Tigerdirect doesn't give the info that newegg does either and you look at a price and think "hey thats good" but wait it's after a rebate. I've never gotten a single rebate. Besides that same rebate crap is goin down with the rosewill anyway. I want to know between the 2 I have picked which is better.

I have a 19" Acer LCD as well, but I wouldn't recommend getting a widescreen version. There are many applications and games that have a hard time adjusting to the widescreen aspect ratio. To save yourself from the headache later, it would be best to stick with a standard size.

I would go with either this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16824009078 - Acer AL1916Ab Black 19" 8ms LCD Monitor - $169.99 After $60 MIR

...or this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16824009083 - Acer AL1917ABMD Black 19" 8ms LCD Monitor Built in Speakers - $219.99

Personally...if it were me, I would get the first one I linked to.

Edited by DOSError

Well I need (want) DVI cause according to what I have read, it's harder to read text on VGA than DVI. That second you linked is alright but what one person has said kinda concerned me. Plus it has only 6 reviews. Not enough people have really messed with it yet. I'm still a leaning more towards the rosewill and the viewsonic.

*hmmm seems newegg has slashed the price on that second one, it is now $189.99, I may just get it if it doesn't seem to be too bad. The guy that runs the local computer store swears by Acer. All I have experience with is Sony, Dell, Gateway, HP/Compaq, and CTX monitors. They are all CRT though.

Edited by Honda_Boy
Well I need (want) DVI cause according to what I have read, it's harder to read text on VGA than DVI. That second you linked is alright but what one person has said kinda concerned me. Plus it has only 6 reviews. Not enough people have really messed with it yet. I'm still a leaning more towards the rosewill and the viewsonic.

*hmmm seems newegg has slashed the price on that second one, it is now $189.99, I may just get it if it doesn't seem to be too bad. The guy that runs the local computer store swears by Acer. All I have experience with is Sony, Dell, Gateway, HP/Compaq, and CTX monitors. They are all CRT though.

Not sure about the DVI over VGA benefit.

I bought my SO a 19 inch SyncMaster 914v specifically because she has vision problems. It's VGA and works fine as far as I can tell. I beleive it's a 12ms but the newer ones are 8ms.

From what I've read the digital to analog conversion is excellent in the newer VGA monitors.

Edited by irregularjoe

well I'm almost sold on the second that DOSerror linked cuase newegg has slammed the price to 189 and free shipping. nice. BUT again I am concerned that this lower price might suggest it doesn't have the greatest life. (that is one reason why I stuck with CRT's so cause like a Honda motor they frickin last FOREVER) I'd fell the most secure with the Viewsonic cause of the name and the rating it has withas many votes as it has(28) and I like the Rosewill cause of its response time and rating with as many votes as it has (25). The Acer only has 12 votes but I may just get it to fit my budget better. Fathers day present, replacement gauge cluster for my car ($121 :o ) and the fuel up today put a small dent in my intended budget. I have plenty of cash to buy a 21" LCD if I wanted but 1. I don't need one that big and 2. I have plans for the rest of the money. I'll consult with my dad cause he and I use it more than anyone else despite the fact he don't like pc's. (he likes mainframes) thanks for the help ya'll and thank you DOSerror for the great find. I'll get out cheaper than anything else with that monitor and still have a good one (I hope) to boot.

Well I orderd the second Acer DOSerror linked. It was such a good deal I wasn't going to pass it up. I'm very very cheap. It seems to be a pretty good monitor. We'll find out soon.

Well it has arrived and for $207.56 this monitor RULES. No ghosting, looks absolutely beutiful and it weighs next to nothing so when LAN party time hits, it'll be a snap to move.