Drivers For Broadcom Bcm94318

Ok I told him if he messes it up again he may as well give it to me. Well it's too messed up now to fix without reinstalling windows but I have no idea how to go about it since I'm used to using a 98se boot disk and using fdisk. I guess i just want to format and not delete the partition. I guess if I wanted to take that route I could use my FC4 or FC5 partition managers to do it. What is the best way to format? Thanks for any help.

Edited by Honda_Boy

unfortunately it's one of those stupid recovery CD's instead of a true XP CD so I don't know if it'll actually do a real format and install. If it don't then I'll use FC4 or FC5 to delete the partition and create a new one with the eMachines disc. if it can't do it then I'll use mine to partition and use the eMachines one to install. The restoration disc isn't showin the XP install thing but it May in a little while. We'll just see what happens.

it failed (no frickin suprise there) and the linux disc idea didn't work either. I'm just gonna use my disc to manage partitions and install if I have to and call M$.

Well I succesfully installed windows but the dern thing was divoid of drivers. I downloaded what I could from eMachines, but all they had was the the ethernet drivers. I looked on broadcom's site but nothing but updated ethernet drivers. What's the deal here how are these drivers so hard to find for this dern laptop? By the way it is wireless drivers I'm looking for. It think they have the rest of the drivers in the W4620 section (this laptop is a W4605 only difference is the processor and video controller)

*the drivers were hidden on the w4620 part of the site along with some others. now this thing is rockin'. If they screw it up again, I'm takin' it away from them.

Edited by Honda_Boy