In The Market For A Dvd Burner

Hello once again all :),

I have purchased the sony dru-710a, and I didnt feel like this simple question deserves a new thread.

Well anyways, I dont know if other burner manufactures have this or not, but my dvd burner has a thing called TurboBoost. In the manual it says that by holding the eject button for 5 secs., it will suddenly change the write and read speed of cd-rs from 40X to 48X.

My question is that if i hold that eject button to change the speeds, will i be able to change the speeds back to 40X? I dont want to try it until i know that i can revert the changes back.

Hello once again all :),

I have purchased the sony dru-710a, and I didnt feel like this simple question deserves a new thread.

Well anyways, I dont know if other burner manufactures have this or not, but my dvd burner has a thing called TurboBoost. In the manual it says that by holding the eject button for 5 secs., it will suddenly change the write and read speed of cd-rs from 40X to 48X.

My question is that if i hold that eject button to change the speeds, will i be able to change the speeds back to 40X? I dont want to try it until i know that i can revert the changes back.

...page 29 of the operating instructions..(bottom of the page..in small print..)

"Hint...When you open the disc tray, the reading speed reverts to its default of 40x speed"

;):)

Oh thanx for that screi i missed that! I see that you have this burner as well.

Have you updated your firmware to BY02 or to anything else? What media have you been using that works well, for both cd-rs and dvd+/-r?

yes to the firmware update..and my burner came with nero 6.xx..which has been updated at least twice since dec 04..

i use tdk dvd+r's and cd-rs' from Costco with no problems for both data and dvd backup.. haven't tried the dual layer variety yet..and see no advantage to dvd-r disks...

Good Info Here..?

have fun with your burner... :blink::unsure::)