Some Software Supported Mac?

Hey guys,

Im planning to buy 15-in MacBook Pro for $2000. I need more info about some win software can works in Mac, i know OpenOffice.org and Firefox works in Mac. But what about Java? I know it entirely based on win. But Is there any mac apps or software that use java to make it work?

I went to java.com to look if they have a support for Mac but nothing.... I need more info about Mac supported software

The reason why i am going for Mac because of their graphical and film editing. they the best for that.

Open Office, Firefox and jave are not windows apps. They are apps that has a windows version. They also have a version that works on Mac os an linux.

As for java it comes installed on your mac when there is a java update it will appear in your software updates. You don't have to think about it.

When ever your looking for Mac software check Mac update.

Edited by isteve
  • 2 weeks later...
Open Office, Firefox and jave are not windows apps. They are apps that has a windows version. They also have a version that works on Mac os an linux.

As for java it comes installed on your mac when there is a java update it will appear in your software updates. You don't have to think about it.

Yeah, that's the beauty of macs! I had to do a command line install to get java on my ubuntu Linux box. I love OS X. :D

Yeah, that's the beauty of macs! I had to do a command line install to get java on my ubuntu Linux box. I love OS X. :D

Sun has allowed everyone to freely distribute their Java runtime, recently. I know Ubuntu has Sun Java packages in their repos, now.