Spyware/adware Removal Board Suggestion

Ok, I didn't see this suggested by anyone else, but if it was and I missed it, my apologies.

What I'm suggesting is that we have a sticky in the spyware/adware removal board about the most common ways to remove spyware (such as what are the best programs to use, reminding them to not just rely on one, and tips on how to set up each program for maximum protection; also a link to that information I've seen in several places "How did I get infected in the first place").

Great idea Nerelda! I think that is a very smart thing to do. As soon as I have some time I will start working on it. I probably will be able to do it sometime today. So keep your eyes open for the new pinned thread in the Spyware/Adware Removal boards.

Thanks Great Idea!

B

Hi Nerelda and B

Nice idea worth a try anyway

Read before posting as in TTV-G4 and CFH with a red flashing sign oh well....Help etc

You all need to help bringing up B's site from page 5 and beyond as

I have only 14 posts before the 1000 level and wish not to reach

Marsh

Ok, I didn't see this suggested by anyone else, but if it was and I missed it, my apologies.

What I'm suggesting is that we have a sticky in the spyware/adware removal board about the most common ways to remove spyware (such as what are the best programs to use, reminding them to not just rely on one, and tips on how to set up each program for maximum protection; also a link to that information I've seen in several places "How did I get infected in the first place").

Another great idea. However, if I may add to it. The programs for fixing a lot of problems are great to have, but what happens if you can not get to the program inorder to fix your problem. I know that many times, someone who is posting a suggestion / link to a particular program that fixes a problem is doing so because they may not have time to explain the steps involved in doing it the way it had to be fixed before a special fixer program was created. For myself, I would like to see more info on the "how-to-fix-it" without having to depend on a third party program.

Maybe rather than taking a lot of time to explain the "how-to", an additional link to somewhere that just might do the explanation would also help if such info was known by the person who was trying to help someone.