I would like to try and make a logo for my company. As of now i have no graphics skills, but i want to start playing around. I did a google search for free clipart, but none of it seems really free. Do you guys know of any sights where images can be used without limitation(or ant least for the purposes of a company logo). In particular, I am looking for a simple computer image.

Below is an ugly logo(temporary) which I used in my ad. I would like to make a nice one, one I can use for everything: ads, business cards, websight,......)

My ugly yellow pages ad

I told the people at yellow book I wanted a computer with the sun(to represent optimism), so that is what they made. I would like to do something better.

• 2 weeks later...

First off YellowBook is a joke. They continue to rag Us (bellsouth) yet they don't have the common decency to design thier own logo. They have run with our concept. Yellow we started it , walking fingers we did it. The constantly steal from our art and design. If you can get a yellowpage ad it they have 87% of the target customer better designers (me for one).

Second you need tools to design a logo:

1. a vector graphics and page layout program (with logos that need to be resized for different application only a vector image will maintain quality and the printer will prefer it). I use adobe Illustrator but Inkscape is free

http://www.inkscape.org/