I haveS he intel core g5mac

since I downloaded the new mac os updates, when i go online, my quicktime is not working properly

1.Flash sites or anything that requires quicktime to play, does not work all i get is the "Q" with a black box behind it.

2. I play fantasy sports (yahoo) I try to open the stat tracker window, it will not work.

3. is there anyway to unistall the latest updates. I need my quicktime working again.??

hhhhhheeeeeeeelllllllppppppp!!

thank you in advance

First a intel imac and a G5 imac are two different animals. It sounds like quicktime is set to play flash media what you want is for flash player to play flash media. Check your quicktime preferences somewhere you should see a menu of file types that quicktime can play. Uncheck the boxes next to the flash file types I think .swf.

You may also want to just update the flash plug-in. I know the intel one has been updated a few times.

First a intel imac and a G5 imac are two different animals. It sounds like quicktime is set to play flash media what you want is for flash player to play flash media. Check your quicktime preferences somewhere you should see a menu of file types that quicktime can play. Uncheck the boxes next to the flash file types I think .swf.

You may also want to just update the flash plug-in. I know the intel one has been updated a few times.

Thats why you are YOU and I am just .... well stuck... lol

thank you very much ,,

I am new to the mac world. Iam in PC rehab .. hahah

have a good day

Actually this is fairly common to all platforms. Sometimes installing or updating a media player will default to playing all it’s possible media types if it doesn’t see a preference for another player.

A good thing to do on a mac before a update is to repair permissions. This makes sure that your system has the permission to make changes to the old and new software. If your system can’t change something like a preference the newer app will set to defult settings.

There is a great freeware app called OnyX that makes maintenance task like repairing permissions easy.