Well I was fixin a friends laptop and he wanted to see what games it could handle. Well my experience said wireless didn't work well for games BUT I tried Counter Strike: Condition Zero but I only played single player. Well I played CS: Source to see if it could play. Sempron 2800+, 512MB PC2700, and a Radeon Xpress 200. I didn't expect much. Well of course I was in my room using wireless so I try online play. (I had the game's settings at bare minimum. It played alright. I noticed there were no skips in the gameplay. In fact it was one of my best nights playin the game (usin optical mouse of course). NOW today, he decided to get the CS1:Anthology. We played Condition Zero over LAN him using wireless me playin on my main hardwired machine. Well his was doing the hiccuping I experienced playin CZ online on my room PC. Well I decided to try CS: Source on my room PC, low and behold it plays flawlessly (until my connection did it's daily cut out and piss me off). I also noticed that Day of Defeat (runs on GoldSrc engine just like CZ) and it did the same thing. I have only tried steam games.

Well It seems GoldSrc games hiccup and Source games don't on wireless. Why is this?

P.S. I'll try call of duty and update this.

Well I was fixin a friends laptop and he wanted to see what games it could handle. Well my experience said wireless didn't work well for games BUT I tried Counter Strike: Condition Zero but I only played single player. Well I played CS: Source to see if it could play. Sempron 2800+, 512MB PC2700, and a Radeon Xpress 200. I didn't expect much. Well of course I was in my room using wireless so I try online play. (I had the game's settings at bare minimum. It played alright. I noticed there were no skips in the gameplay. In fact it was one of my best nights playin the game (usin optical mouse of course). NOW today, he decided to get the CS1:Anthology. We played Condition Zero over LAN him using wireless me playin on my main hardwired machine. Well his was doing the hiccuping I experienced playin CZ online on my room PC. Well I decided to try CS: Source on my room PC, low and behold it plays flawlessly (until my connection did it's daily cut out and piss me off). I also noticed that Day of Defeat (runs on GoldSrc engine just like CZ) and it did the same thing. I have only tried steam games.

Well It seems GoldSrc games hiccup and Source games don't on wireless. Why is this?

P.S. I'll try call of duty and update this.

It could be the load that each program uses - maybe some use more bandwith? (I think that's the word) I hardly ever have trouble playing games wirelessly (I play COD 2 and BF2 online) My wireless signal is generally low (2 bars, getting as high as 4 bars under some occassions) I don't own an expensive gaming router or anything, just a Linksys WRT54G, and a cheapo wireless card for my PC. Maybe I'm just lucky!