Heres my issue..

My power supply broke? I guess..

So i bought a new one and started up my computer..

But now I get this opion.

Press F2 to go to Setup

Press F11 to go somewhere else

Now I think my mobo fried out or something

cause My mouse dont even light out anymore and when I press f2 of f11 nothin happens..

Maybe I need to flash my bios? or is my mobo dead...for sure :(

When your power supply went, it may have sent a surge into your mobo and fried it.

"press f2 to goto setup" , that seems normal

Does it just hang and not boot windows? I would try and see if everything runs ok with a live version of linux.

When your power supply went, it may have sent a surge into your mobo and fried it.

"press f2 to goto setup" , that seems normal

Does it just hang and not boot windows? I would try and see if everything runs ok with a live version of linux.

You're always trying to get everyone to try the live linux! :P

First off - What were your original problems with your computer (why did you assume it was the PSU)?

It is a great tool :-) It is usually the easiest way to see if the problem is software or hardware related. I could not imagine not using my linux cd for diagnosing problems.

Edited by shanenin

It is a great tool :-) It is usually the easiest way to see if the problem is software or hardware related. I could not imagine not using my linux cd for diagnosing problems.

Lol, I've used it twice in a year! I'm just used to doing things the hardware way since that's the way I learned. BTW, what live Linux CD would you recommend I get?

I would reccomend having a couple different ones around. some will work on some hardware where others will not. I either use knoppix, or more often I use gentoo. They are all pretty similar.

Sorry for the late response, no PC :(

Anyways, I think water spilled on the power cable :P

So then my computer shut down and didnt boot up anymore.

So I bought another Power Supply and this happens.

---

When I plug in my keyboard, the num, caps, scroll lock buttons light up once all togheter then thats it.

When I press F2 or F11 nothing happens.

When I get to my sisters house, I will try linux on it (ubuntu)

Try re-seating all the power cables to everything in your case. If the bios is looking for a drive, HHD or CD. It might hang if it doesn't find every device.

The fact there is any output to the screen suggests the mother board is probably fine. Have you checked bios setup has all correct values?

Unplug and replug all the connections from your new power supply to everything you have them plugged into. (ie. motherboard, cd-rom, hard drives, floppy drive.)

Be sure to unplug the PS from the 110W wall outlet first.

Sounds like the bio's is looking for maybe a hard drive or cd-rom and can't find it (because it's not getting power), so it is hanging at the spot it should find them.

Edited by JSKY
Unplug and replug all the connections from your new power supply to everything you have them plugged into. (ie. motherboard, cd-rom, hard drives, floppy drive.)

Be sure to unplug the PS from the 110W wall outlet first.

Sounds like it's looking for maybe a hard drive or cd-rom and can't find it (not getting power), so it is hanging at the spot it should find them.

i see, i will try it when i get to my sisters house

Ok...right now

the only things thats hooked up to my PC is

DVD drive, 2 HD's, Vid and Sound Card, mobo, cpu, power supply..and I still get the damn problem.

I tried googleing it, but I kept seeing sites in other languages..

I would use babelfish, but got no idea what the language is..lol

btw, I'm using AMIBios

Her's the Full screen

AMIBios © 2005 American Mega trends, Inc.

939Dual-SATA2 BIOS P1.50

CPU : AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3000+ (64bit supported)

Speed : 1.80GHz

Press F2 to run Setup

Press F11 for Boot Menu

Single-Channel Memory Mode

© American Megatrends, Inc

62-150-00.....(bunch of numbers, i think its the serial or something)

6b38

hmm, remove everything but one stick of memeory, see how far it gets (should say found no boot drive)

if it still has problems , swap out memory sticks and try agian.

after you get it to get to let you do setup or have it let you try to boot, put back each pice of equipment one pice at a time..

you should find the problem.. I will bet memory