The "other" Board

jeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzz....I was just snooping around on the other board and almost regurgitated. seems like all that's going on over there are people bragging about their computers.

1. is my computer ok?

2. just got new computer.

3. my computer is faster than yours.

4. I can run all these games.

don't people use computers for word processing, spreadsheets, databases anymore? some of those computers cost more than my car. guess I'm getting too old for all this bull$h1t.

I read one over there where some kid got a new hot rod AMD64 machine and he was doing the braggin' rights crap and the next thing he asks is how to over-clock the processor and video card. I bet he is the type that would buy a new Ferrari and take it home and pop the hood and start screwing around with it.......

Heh heh, funny huh? The fastest, best machines out there and no idea on how to secure them...

Let them brag, half of them probably have a 5 year old PC and are just wishing.

You know the old saying. "Those who know don't speak, those who speak don't know"

Let them brag! They just spent 3000.00 and a pc that in 3 month will be worth 500.00! Or less! Your car in the end (if you dont run off the road) will be worth more. By the time they take that thing out of the store its out of date. Raedy to be replaced by a newer better one that was supposed to be better but has more errors than my old 98se with 96mb ram! My old 98se pc is using 97% of its ram. It moves like a snail but when I do replace it I aint going to go all out for it to die in value overight.

Thought I would say a bit......

LOL I know how you feel Bearskin. When I was over there, that's how a lot of it was. They'd also be posting things like "ok, I've got $300 to spend on anything I want. Help me spend my money on computer crap I don't need and won't ever get full use of!" LOL

Let them brag! They just spent 3000.00 and a pc that in 3 month will be worth 500.00! Or less! Your car in the end (if you dont run off the road) will be worth more. By the time they take that thing out of the store its out of date. Raedy to be replaced by a newer better one that was supposed to be better but has more errors than my old 98se with 96mb ram! My old 98se pc is using 97% of its ram. It moves like a snail but when I do replace it I aint going to go all out for it to die in value overight.

Thought I would say a bit......

Well said. I've got several PCs, but, they're used units that I've picked up for a song. I've been really lucky with buying refurbished PCs. I've got one site that I use quite a bit to buy used monitors and PCs.

itxchange.com

They sell a wide variety of used stuff. It's amazing what you can get for a few bucks. This used unit that I'm typing on started out as a Win 98SE machine. I then installed Red Hat 9 on it. Now I'm running Mandrake 10.1.

Bragging rights. OK

Manufacturer:Texas Instruments

Model: TI99/4A Year: 1981

Processor: TMS9900 to 3MHz

Memory: 256 octetos ram, 16k VRAM, 8k ROM

characteristics: Successor of the TI99 (1979), uses the same processor of 16 bits at a time at which those of 8 bits not yet have reached their greater glory. The little built-in ram must to that it was predicted to use the cartridge of ROM like main storage media of programs. Expandable by means of modules that are connected to a box of expansion, the capacity of the 9900 equals to the one of its competitors of 8 bits, 64k. Also existed disk drives, modems, graphical tablets and all the accessories that one can hope in a computer of the time.

Now you want to hear about slow dial-up...........

hey bearskin i got a blaster.from several posters when i answered one who;s heading read

can you beat this.

so i jumped in and said yes over your bloody head.now i appoligise for using the b word here but iwas so p----sed off all these rich kids bloated egos and all posting like that.and the worse of it was he didnt ask for any help.

so refuse i to go there or ile be on blood presure pills.

the only help he needed was to fill his head with self importence.

i hope that dosent happen here.i know for some reason it dosent happen at world start message board.most of the posters are in the older age group

much like this board.so ive got my fingers crossed.tho i dont think it will happen here this board has a much broader tech based posters

and g4 is a gamers board witch attracts the kids .

im glad you brought this subject up its been tearing at my hair roots for some time.and must warn B if some one does that here ile jump in like i did over there.

marty

marty I really try to be nice at the "other" board simply because of a lot of good people over ther like Pete, Tyme, hell, too many to name but some people there have a lot of talent.......even il_wiccan...hahahahaha

marty I really try to be nice at the "other" board simply because of a lot of good people over ther like Pete, Tyme, hell, too many to name but some people there have a lot of talent.......even il_wiccan...hahahahaha

luckly i know most of the regulars and so i keep in touch with most of them .normally i read their posts or answer the ones i know, i notice pete is posting more now.and when he does i save most of his tips.

hell he is like a compt encyclopedia.wouldnt mind all his knowledge .

and the amzing thing he dosent like fame he does it for the love of it.

marty

Yes, then there's the occasional thread in which some kid decides to try and impress everyone else by using terminology that goes over most peoples head, but manage to bastardize what they are trying to say anyway... Usually about computer architecture, basic electronics, `hacking' (script kiddie style), or cluster computing in which a certain poster copied half of a paper by a research scientist at U of T.

I only stuck around because of some of the other old TSS board regulars.

-uberpenguin

Yes, then there's the occasional thread in which some kid decides to try and impress everyone else by using terminology that goes over most peoples head, but manage to bastardize what they are trying to say anyway... Usually about computer architecture, basic electronics, `hacking' (script kiddie style), or cluster computing in which a certain poster copied half of a paper by a research scientist at U of T.

I only stuck around because of some of the other old TSS board regulars.

-uberpenguin

hi uberpenguin

just noticed your post i may be a bit late with this welcome but better late then never.

any how welcome .and its good to see you here , your expertise will be welcome.

take care

marty

-uberpenguin

hi uberpenguin

just noticed your post i may be a bit late with this welcome but better late then never.

any how welcome .and its good to see you here , your expertise will be welcome.

take care

marty