I prefer FF, but use Opera from time to time.

Browser speed comparisons

Is the link supposed to support Firefox as faster? From the article: "So overall, Opera seems to be the fastest browser for windows."

No, not at all.

I put the link up to show that Opera is faster on Windows.

Should have included this.

1.4 Which Browser is the Fastest?

I've long felt that Opera 9 and K-Meleon were the two fastest browsers that I've used but this was purely subjective. At this site they put 24 Windows browsers to the test and the clear winner for speed is Opera. Well behind are IE 6 and Firefox, who overall perform rather similarly. Most of the browsers that use the IE shell such as Maxthon actually run a little slower than IE itself. Interesting stuff.

From a Newsletter I get.

Subscribe to Tech Support Alert for Free

IMO (which doesn't mean TOO much) IE is fine, like Terrorist said. The only benefit I ever saw to using Firefox was the tabbed browsing, but imcompatibility with McAfee's update site made me switch back to IE, and oh yeah - the 1st time I installed FF, it crashed my computer. However, I'm a big fan of Mozilla Thunderbird (their Outlook equivalent) so you can't say I just don't want to change things!

I had Opera for some time, I'm just a stickler to using programs that work fine - and then not worrying about changing them. Just don't download IE 7 Beta! The first public version led to some problems on the computer, just like FF, it messed up the McAfee updates.

FF is cross platform. I can use that on all of my computers.

So is opera, personaly I use both. I am using opera more as I've been using KDE lately (I like a more uniform look and feel).

FF is cross platform. I can use that on all of my computers.

So is opera, personaly I use both. I am using opera more as I've been using KDE lately (I like a more uniform look and feel).

I knew I should have googled that before making that statment.

• 2 weeks later...