umm idk just like flash site but i heard with opera u can see like 80% of sites

I like FF the best, didnt like opera and its ad's IE was a pain firefox for me renders perfect and is fast on my machine. Opera seemed bogged down and ewie

I use Opera almost exclusivley and have for many years now. It is a smaller DL than FF and come almost complete. FF you will need to DL extention. Opera is faster but FF has the upper had on handling website but they are usually sites that IE exclusive that I have problems with.

The only thing I added to Opera was Spell Check and Speach. It has a decent mail client and chat feature. Opera perfect tabbed browsing way back when.

Preston

Yes I would switch but why make a choice? you have them both.

Edited by rhema7

by the way on the pages that say "this page can only be view with IE" many times you can get around it by going to tools/ quick preference/ then click on Identify as FF, opera or IE. Does not work all the time but will many more times than not.

Edited by rhema7

I prefer Opera over Fireflop. I see more people asking how to solve problems with Fireflop because the newest or former version was constantly crashing, memory useage was too high, corrupted profiles, extensions would no longer work, mouse issues and etc.

As a side note, there is nothing wrong with a fully updated IE6. I use Opera mostly because of it's tabs and faster access to disabling Javascript and etc. I can block any ads just as easy with Opera and IE6 as with any other browser.

When it comes to security Fireflop is no more secure than IE6. In fact it has had many more holes in it than IE6. That is the reason they keep coming out with new version which then conflict with the old extensions that cause many other problems.

All I can say is stop drinking the Fireflop Kool-Aid.

As a side note, there is nothing wrong with a fully updated IE6.

Except for Trident.

In fact it has had many more holes in it than IE6.

That's disputed.

Trident. I am not overly concerned about W3C standards. IE6 is close to using web standards.

As for security. My PCs have never had an issue when using IE6. Of course I know enough to use the security settings correctly. Many people think just installing Fireflop will protect them from all the bad stuff out there. This usually ends up with them posting HJT logs because they thought they were safe. Fireflop is far from perfect. In fact Opera beats both Fireflop and IE6 when it comes to security, but that doesn't mean there aren't some problems with it.

Edited by TheTerrorist_75
k umm so for opera i prolly need to get all the plugins again? and how do i transfer bookmarks?

You don't need to install plug-ins into Opera. You can setup an adfilter. For bookmarks go to File > Import and Export. Pick which bookmarks you want to import.

Edited by TheTerrorist_75
so wat r big problems with opera?

There are no big problems with Opera. Anyone who says its hard to use is either too lazy to stick with it until they get used to it, or too lazy to read the tutorials.

As a LONG TIME Opera user, all I can say is,its fast,its lean,and its clean. Firefox(ouch) lasted about a week on my PC.

Oh,and 'Mouse", Opera has been ad-free for awhile now.

If you are looking for a serious,secure browser,Opera is what you want. If you believe all the Keven/Leo Firefox smooching propaganda, then stay with FF.

so wat r big problems with opera?

There are no big problems with Opera. Anyone who says its hard to use is either too lazy to stick with it until they get used to it, or too lazy to read the tutorials.

As a LONG TIME Opera user, all I can say is,its fast,its lean,and its clean. Firefox(ouch) lasted about a week on my PC.

Oh,and 'Mouse", Opera has been ad-free for awhile now.

If you are looking for a serious,secure browser,Opera is what you want. If you believe all the Keven/Leo Firefox smooching propaganda, then stay with FF.

AMEN!! HPoirot36. Over the years Opera has had it's issues like anything man made but it has never been any major problem. I have used Opera since the very first version I got on a MaximumPC demo disc been hook ever since.