well a lot of times while playing quictime videos on the internet I get green screens instead and even though the video is mostly loaded or totally loaded if I reload the page to fix it quicktime videos don't always get cached like WM videos so it has to load all over again a lot and I'm liable to have a green screen again when the video finally loads. Usually when this green screen comes about the computer slows down really badly. I use firefox and the computer is my bedroom Compaq with an Athlon XP 2600+, Via KM 266 chipset mobo, eVGA GeForce FX 5700 Ultra, and right now I'm running dual monitors producing a clone image (both displaying the same thing) to test one monitor to see if it is up to snuff for use elsewhere. Could the dual Monitor be my main prob, I've had green screens before but no where as bad as right now. I've also had green screens on my Athlon XP 3000+, nForce 2 Ultra, GeForce 6600GT system too. Any help would be nice. It is extremely annoying when this happens. Also has anyone else had this prob?

Thanks

I have the latest version I know of and it seems the older version works better. The green screen don't always come up. It seems when iset the connection speed to 768 instead of auto, it happened less often. I'll try the quictime alternative ans see what happens.

Oh my god even the Alternative does the same thing. how can that happen. In fact the alternative is even worse.

*Ok I reinstalled real quicktime and turned quickdraw off on the main monitor and left it on the secondary monitor (still screwin around with it) and so far no green.

Edited by Honda_Boy
Oh my god even the Alternative does the same thing. how can that happen. In fact the alternative is even worse.

*Ok I reinstalled real quicktime and turned quickdraw off on the main monitor and left it on the secondary monitor (still screwin around with it) and so far no green.

Reinstalling was/is the only other choice I could suggest.

I figured you would not be worse off with the alternative,guess that went out the window(pun)

I see JDoors has the bug as well now :huh:

well after reinstalling I had the same prob BUT i turned the quickdraw off and then I haven't seen it since but I'm still testing to be sure.