I have tried many firewalls and used Sygate (which was by far the best) but then Norton (those bad, bad people) bought Sygate out and now there are no more updates.

I have been trying firewall after firewall and I can't seem to find the right one for me. I've tried Norton Internet Security to see if they changed anything in the new version, but they didn't and its still crap. I've tried Kerio but I think it came with spyware. I'm currently using Zone Alarm Pro and it's WAY to over protective and uses too much memory.

What firewall do you use and why?

Also, any suggestions on what firewall might suite me best?

Thanks for the help!

Free Personal Firewalls

Never have 2 or more software firewalls running on the same computer. They often conflict with each other and cause problems

from the sticky above

30.. Sygate Personal Firewall

31.. Tiny Personal Firewall

32.. ZoneAlarm

33.. Outpost firewall

34.. Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall

I have tried many firewalls and used Sygate (which was by far the best) but then Norton (those bad, bad people) bought Sygate out and now there are no more updates.

I have been trying firewall after firewall and I can't seem to find the right one for me. I've tried Norton Internet Security to see if they changed anything in the new version, but they didn't and its still crap. I've tried Kerio but I think it came with spyware. I'm currently using Zone Alarm Pro and it's WAY to over protective and uses too much memory.

Thanks for the help!

you have me a little confused on the Kerio statement. why do you think it came with spyware????

I use Kerio myself, to me it's the easiest free firewall out there. you have good control on what you want it to do. it's not overly bloated, like ZA or some others I know of.

Thanks for the help!

you have me a little confused on the Kerio statement. why do you think it came with spyware????

I use Kerio myself, to me it's the easiest free firewall out there. you have good control on what you want it to do. it's not overly bloated, like ZA or some others I know of.

Totally agree. Kerio is the only free firewall that I suggest to users, and I use it myself.

Kerio here. Runs great. Zone alarm did nothing but piss me off and Norton just sucked down too much memory, i liked it more than zone alarm though. Kerio is by far the best I've used.