hi team.

i have a problem i have lost the use of my win component snapin this is twice this has happened.the last time it happened i had to reinstall xp

but ive just come from another board.and two posts were having the same problem.and it seems CCleaner is the culprit.which is taking out the extensions.

i recall when i scanned i saw the snapin appli in the run cleaner.which i deleted because i trusted the appli.now i cant prove CC was the culprit but.from those other posts.it could be one of the reasons i lost the use of the snapin

and there isnt any means to isolate those entrys and take them out before you delete the reast.so i aim to get rid of some thing im not sure.i posted the problem on 2 other boards .but didnt get a single answer.so it seems peo0ple are reluctant to blame an appli that they think is doing a good job.

the CC was recomended to me by some one from this board.now my Q

what was the difference before i used CC .none.

those entrys get sent to Adaware after any how.takes a bit longer.

the dam rubbish we install on our sys.s .makes me angry but i tend to believe those who are the experts

hope havent been to critical.

marty

Hi Marty!!

Never liked those cleaners never will.....

I always warned people and I remember Supyall kept recomending that crap on the g4 boards until Pete told him.....

Sorry about your luck :(

heY TK before you accident you posted a fix on how to insatll sfae mode fron the command prompt and ive hunted all over the microsoft site for it but cant locate it where did you get it from.it isnt for me but a friend cant get safe mode by tapping

f8.

but your fix did the trick i didnt get a chance to post to you because you had the accident.i appreciate it if you could help so i can email it to a friend

marty

Hey guys

I always advised against using those registry cleaners at TTV ansd still do. I've seen more problems caused by those things than they're worth and little real benefit.

I've never used one and never needed one either since any truly orphaned registry keys are quickly ignored by XP or any NT based OS. The "clutter" that they cause is truly minimal and is not known to cause problems in XP.

My opinion on these registry cleaners is that they aren't worth the trouble of downloading.

Dave

hi chappy yes i remeber both you and pete tried to discourage us from using them.

and up until now i havent used them. to be honest i didnt realise CCleaner was a reg hack.shows you how dumb i am i didnt realise it until i read your post.

you and pete taught me a lot about compts so perhaps i need a refresh.

take care

marty

Hi Chappy....

I remember your advice back then on this...I had a "Reg Cleaner" and immediately dumped it when you advised this.

Thanks...!

hi rv56

me to i used regcleaner when on cfh

but both chappy and pete warned me against it

i remember chappy posted and said marty do you know how to use it and i had to be honest and said no.and he said what have you got it on your sys for.

and he was dead right.

i thought it was cool to have these applis

on my sys which me feel as tho i was important and knowledgable.

my did i come down with a fallen ego.

since then ive felt as tho they have taught me well.

tho im still an novice

marty