Hi:

Has anyone ever had this happen to them and what do I do to fix it? When I go to Bleeping Computer or CastleCops, I get this page "This domain is for sale" I can give you a link right now if you like. It doesn't happen all the time. It will also do it to Worldstart. You look at the URL at the top and it looks correct, but the page reads This domain is for sale or Domainsponsor.com.

I ran Ewido nothing there, right now. I ran it earlier in the day and got a infected file saying something like [email protected], cleaned it. A-squared came up with the same thing when I ran a scan earlier also. Spybot and Ad-aware came up clean. Ewido and A-squared called it a malicious cookie. I just can not figure where I got it. I have been using Google a lot this past week. I guess I may have gotten it there.

Some times the page will have links on it for advertising, which I DO NOT click. It does not look malicious, but I could be wrong. Just curious if anyone else has seen this.

Barb

Hiya Barb. Can you take a screenshot of the website that you get sent to when you try to go to one of the sites. It sounds like you have some sort of malware that redirects away from support sites. Domainsponsor is affiliated with malware. Have you posted a HJT log?

Matt

Must be mental telepathy. I thought it would be safer for a screen shot. Hopefully I did it right.

Here ya go.

ThisDomainforSale4-22-06.jpg

I hope you can see this, if not I'll try another way. No, I have not posted a HJT log. Do you want it here with this thread or a new one?

Barb

Awww, Barb! :( I went to bleeping computer and the site came up fine. Gosh, I hate it when bad things happen to such good people. Hope it's an easy fix. You experts take real good care of her, ok??

Liz

Awww, Barb! :( I went to bleeping computer and the site came up fine. Gosh, I hate it when bad things happen to such good people. Hope it's an easy fix. You experts take real good care of her, ok??

Liz

Hi Liz:

Glad you did not get anything. That is why I did not want to put a link on here. Did not want to take the chance of leaving a nasty on here. I don't think it would have, but not worth it.

Oh well I got the chance to post all my screenshots, after I found the instructions stashed on my bookcase shelf. I needed the practice anyway. Haha :lol: I think I'll start a photo album. :lol:

Good night, see ya tomorrow.

Barb