Today was one of the first days where the temperature outside reached 80F. Nice and warm but this also means my room and very warm as well. I noticed all the temps on my PC were higher than normal which I guess is normal. I started to play some BF2 and everything worked fine for about an hour when I started to notice a major slowdown. I mean big where I could move or anything. I had to Alt F4 out of the game. Even then my computer was running incredibly slowly. I turned off my computer and came back about now , An hour later. Windows seems to running normally again. Would my hot harddrive be the cause of the slowdown? Iv never seen it hit 44C before. Would the heat damage the drive? Is there anything I can do about it without buying something? All I have is a leftover fan with a really short wire. I cant find a place where I can put the fan to blow on my HD and still reach the only power port I have left on my motherboard though.

OK, I am probably way off, but could the sluggishness be caused by a quirk in BF2? I remember that Son had a game that out-of-the-blue quit "playing nice". After checking on the gamesite's forums (thanks to Bozodog's advice!) , there was a glitch with a recent Mcafee update--two days later, Mcafee updated again and the game played fine.

Have you noticed if the computer acts up when playing other games?

Liz

ok..

well, im pretty sure you got some real specs on your pc so i wont be asking about them. :D

like it was said, i myself dont believe that your temp isnt that hot at all.

but you could try adding some fan.

some mobos have slots for auxillary fans <thats how i installed mine> so you just need to find it and buy another fan. :D

Iv never seen my harddrive get past 40 C before. Based on what my harddrive temps have been I though 35ish was normal. Iv managed to slip a fan in by lodging it in between two of my power cables. Its helped my temps a little and I havnt had a reoccurence of that problem yet. What would a normal temp on a harddrive be? What would be a hot temp?