But it looks like he has to have a server of his own. He would like to have it uploaded and let it run.

I have a buddy of mine who works for a local radio station and he wants to stream his show. He quoted me that he does not have time to edit the commercials out of it but still wants to stream it. Is there a place online that he could do this?

Shout Cast

Now he has cable for his broadband. Is this really simple to setup on his home PC or should he get another PC?

Yeah, I just port forwarded port 8000 and if I recall correctly that is the default shoutcast port, you can do the port forwarding through the router's config page. B)

B

No, once the server is up, you have to use Winamp to be able to use shoutcast, and all you have to do is play the audio file and the server will broadcast it to whoever tunes in. You'll be broadcasting from your PC, so to tune in the people who want to listen will have to know your ip, for example: http://iphere:8000 will be the address. Unless of course you go to dyndns or setup a domain/host name that points to your IP. B)

B

Great. I was hoping it would be that easy.

No, once the server is up, you have to use Winamp to be able to use shoutcasrt, and all you have to do is play the audio file and the server will broadcast it to whoever tunes in. You'll be broadcasting from your PC, so to tune in the people who want to listen will have to know your ip, for example: http://iphere:8000 will be the address. Unless of course you go to dyndns or setup a domain/host name that points to your IP. B)

B