Whoa..I think gentoo is way our of my league.

Besides, I really dont wanna waste another cd-r thats why I wa wondering if there are any free cd's

I can't think of any other distros that send the CDs for free...some can be found that charge a very minimal price (can't think of the site off hand {pretty sure hitest knows the site})...But if you're not willing to "waste another cd-r" which is far more cost effective, you probably wouldn't be interested in the site anyway.

As for Ubuntu "boring" you...there isn't much difference from distro to distro.

I'm not sure what you're expecting the distro to do but I wouldn't expect dancing girls to leap out of your monitor and sit in your lap using any distro. :lol:

Gentoo is out of just about anyones league the first time they install it (and almost guaranteed to get botched somehow) but I can say from personal experience, I never learned more about how linux works than I did when I installed Gentoo (hell, even reading the Gentoo manual is hard to not learn something). ;)

Oh well, looks like I'm going to waste another cd.

btw, when I meant ubuntu is boring me...I meant like, it's getting redudant.

Hell, after couple of weeks using it, I'm still a noob at it.

Anyways, I will first read up stuff about gentoo.

When I first installed gentoo my linux knowledge was pretty weak. In all honesty I did not really understand what I was doing. I just followed the commands given. If i remeber correctly it did not work the first time.

Hi,

Check out my pinned topic "Some useful Links". As far as I know Ubuntu is the only company that will send you totally free CDs. You can always buy some inexpensive CDs for a few bucks.

Have fun choosing. :D

Oh well, looks like I'm going to waste another cd.

btw, when I meant ubuntu is boring me...I meant like, it's getting redudant.

Hell, after couple of weeks using it, I'm still a noob at it.

Anyways, I will first read up stuff about gentoo.

Go for it, use gentoo then after you're doing realizing that it sucks, you can switch to Slackware, Debian or a BSD.

Go for it, use gentoo then after you're doing realizing that it sucks, you can switch to Slackware, Debian or a BSD.

it has been my sole distribution, for about 2.5 years. It does everything I need it to. I see no reason to use any other. To each their own :thumbsup:

as for burning a CD-R why not use a CD-RW, that way you can erase the disk if you want to and then burn a different distro on it.

I try not to use CD-R's when I am burning anything other then Music. CD-RW's are the way to go if you want to save a few dollars on disks. even when they are finalized you can still erase them and reburn them. on average I lose the use of a disk after 25 different burns, if they are full disk burns. 650 to 700mb each.