So i was trying to update drivers for my computer, so I uninstalled them, used driver cleaner. All that good stuff like you are suppose to. Boot up to try and install the new drivers, Blue Screen! So windows stops, in every single mode, safe, normal, last good config. So i pop in the xp disk, try to get to the recovery section, as soon as its done doing its whole loading deal, BOOM, Blue screen.

So now i have no idea how im suppose to fix this, cant boot from xp disk to reformat if i needed to, cant get into any mode of windows =/

I have no idea what could be wrong, or how to fix it. You guys are my last hope.

So i was trying to update drivers for my computer, so I uninstalled them, used driver cleaner. All that good stuff like you are suppose to. Boot up to try and install the new drivers, Blue Screen! So windows stops, in every single mode, safe, normal, last good config. So i pop in the xp disk, try to get to the recovery section, as soon as its done doing its whole loading deal, BOOM, Blue screen.

So now i have no idea how im suppose to fix this, cant boot from xp disk to reformat if i needed to, cant get into any mode of windows =/

I have no idea what could be wrong, or how to fix it. You guys are my last hope.

What drivers did you remove?

What is your BSOD error? (write down the exact error and post it here)

What kind of computer, store bought or did you build it?

what kind of drives? (ATA or SATA)

What drivers did you remove?

- My ATI chipset drivers

- My Nvidia Graphics drivers

What kind of computer, store bought or did you build it?

built, its been running well for years now

what kind of drives? (ATA or SATA)

ATA i think..... how would i check?

What is your BSOD error? (write down the exact error and post it here)

when i try booting in safe mode it says:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time restart, if not do this:

Check for virsus, remove newly installed hard drive or hard drive controllers, check your hard drive to make sure it properly configured. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption.

Tech Info

Stop: 0x0000007B (0xf78a2524, 0xc000034, 0x00000000,0x00000000)

When i try the recovery disk:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

Check to makes sure any new hardware or software is installed properly. If this is a new installation ask manufacturer for new windows updates.

If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable bios memory options such as caching, or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode ...... it tells me how

Tech Info

Stop: 0x0000006f (0xc0000020, 0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000)

The Stop error when you try booting to safe mode indicates that 1) A device driver that the computer boot controller needs is not configured to start during the startup process. 2) A device driver that the computer boot controller needs is corrupted. or 3) Information in the Windows XP registry (information related to how the device drivers load during startup) is corrupted.

I've never used (or even heard of) driver cleaner but I'm guessing it caused #1 or #2.

The second error points to the lack of SATA drivers.

Which was the reason I asked about whether the HDD is ATA or SATA. Just a hunch but driver cleaner may have removed the SATA driver which needs to be loaded from floppy which Windows would prompt for at the appropriate time during install. Of course, if you do not have a Serial-ATA drive, none of this applies anyway.

The difference between ATA and Serial-ATA can be easily seen by opening the case and looking at the cable....In this picture, ATA is the wide ribbon cable and Serial-ATA is the much narrower cable.

serialATA_cable_vs_ata133.jpg

What make/model motherboard?

Do you have a driver CD that came with it?

My HDD is ATA like i thought.

I was up all night trying to find some information on this, and someone said to hook my HDD upto a nother computer w/ windows XP and run CHKDSK on it, so i did, and it causes a stop error on this computer =/

When i run chkdsk, it gets to stage 2 and i get a Stop: 0x0000009C error

Nothing is overclocked, or all that stuff that you will find with your simple google search, somehow the HD fails =/

I wonder if I will be able to just format this thing.....

So now i will need to look into that one.

What else could/should i do to replace any missing files?

Edited by fubz

Well it boots up tje CD, loads in all the drivers, after everything is loaded, it crashes, with the message that i posted above.

SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

Check to makes sure any new hardware or software is installed properly. If this is a new installation ask manufacturer for new windows updates.

If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable bios memory options such as caching, or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode ...... it tells me how

Tech Info

Stop: 0x0000006f (0xc0000020, 0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000)

When i get home, im gonna slave the HDD, and see if i can use XP recovery on that computer, maybe it will work

I finally got it reformatted, it wasnt fun at all

Edited by fubz