Solved: Missing Volume Icon?

ok i am running windows xp home edtion with sp2

my problem is when i restart my computer the volume icon on the taskbar does not show up so i go into the control panel/sound & audio devices and the checkmark is still there saying place volume icon on taskbar so i uncheck then apply and check again and apply it comes up then i go to restart my computer again and its gone yet again

how do i keep the volume icon from disappearing?

Edited by Mainter
im not sure weather this will fix it or not

try right clicking start button- properties-

taskbar tab

click the volume icon and set it to always show

in the dropdown

marty

yeah i tried that it did not help i do not hide any icons but i still set it to always show did not help

when you go to sounds and audio and check th box

doe an error come up on the screen

if so post back.

you may need to reinstall the volume program

from the add remove program or from the command prompt

i do have the restore code

but i dont want to post it in case that isnt the problem

marty

Edited by martymas
ok i am running windows xp home edtion with sp2

my problem is when i restart my computer the volume icon on the taskbar does not show up so i go into the control panel/sound & audio devices and the checkmark is still there saying place volume icon on taskbar so i uncheck then apply and check again and apply it comes up then i go to restart my computer again and its gone yet again

how do i keep the volume icon from disappearing?

Right click on My Computer and go to Properties. Then the Hardware tab and then Device Manager. Do you see any YELLOW ? of ! beside the Audio or anyplace else?

How many icons do you have near the clock? Sometimes if you allow many programs to load at startup they compete for space by the clock. The last loading startup programs may not appear. I always set my volume to maximum then uncheck the box so the icon isn't on the taskbar. The only program that I allow to load near the clock is my anti-virus. Any other programs I create a shortcut to and place them in the Quick Launch toolbar on the taskbar.

How many icons do you have near the clock? Sometimes if you allow many programs to load at startup they compete for space by the clock. The last loading startup programs may not appear. I always set my volume to maximum then uncheck the box so the icon isn't on the taskbar. The only program that I allow to load near the clock is my anti-virus. Any other programs I create a shortcut to and place them in the Quick Launch toolbar on the taskbar.

i got

4 volume icon(not there) avast antivirus and the vrdb (avast also) then windows security alerts(thats up cause i do not do automatic windows updates)

good one Mainter

glad you got it fixed

some how xp has had this problem

if i have a quick shut off or a error

i lose that dam icon

but i can get it back through the command prompt

there have been many posts about this

volume icon thing

but in different forms

i remember some time ago flash4 lost his icon

and we all posted different fixes

but he got it back by repairing xp