Well, when my mom got a new computer, we put the old one in my room. The monitor is one of the old Windows '98 monitors, thick and white. Well, i was reading all these mods, and i was wondering, would it be possible to put some LED's in my Minitor in the back, so that the light wil shine out of the little cracks at the top?

--j0e

Well, when my mom got a new computer, we put the old one in my room. The monitor is one of the old Windows '98 monitors, thick and white. Well, i was reading all these mods, and i was wondering, would it be possible to put some LED's in my Minitor in the back, so that the light wil shine out of the little cracks at the top?

--j0e

Yes, you would just have to find an appropriate wire to pull power from and use the correct resistor

Be careful with the monitor open - shock hazard!

--j0e

I am assuming you have a CRT monitor. If that is the case, these 2 articles from TwistedMods.com should help you. Remember, there is the risk of shocking yourself badly on the insides of a monitor. Procede with caution.

http://www.twistedmods.com/article.php?artid=192

http://www.twistedmods.com/article.php?artid=213