Need An Audio Recording Program

I need something that can record from a sound board to a 98se computer from RCA cables to the input on the soundcard. I have an adapter to do this. Right now I am using an old home audio cd player player unit to test it but I can't seem to find a program within the system itself. I need anything that can run on Windows 98se, 800MHz Pentium III, 512MB PC133. It would also be nice for it to be free or evn nicer if it were already in windows.

Our tape deck at church died and the only alternative within our budget right now is a free computer wiht a burner from me. We have to use a boom box or something to record it back to tape though. You have to do what you have to do though. Tape decks even now with auto reverse are expensive (for us at least). I almost had to resort to linux on this computer though cause of a sound issue. I finally found working drivers though.

Thanks for any help folks. (Hope I find something by sunday).

*I've used the windows sound recorder but it only lasts for 1 minute. I need a prgram that can record up to 1- 1 1/4 hour.

Edited by Honda_Boy
Do ya'll think Audacity can meet my needs?

yep, that's what my answer was gonna be when reading your first post, scrolled down to see that you answered yourself already....good job. :thumbsup:

I almost had to resort to linux on this computer though cause of a sound issue.

heh, you say that like it's a bad thing...you'd be surprised how many computers would be appreciative of switching to linux. :lol:

Edited by tictoc5150

Well see I would be the only one that could operate the system then. what would happen if I wasn't there? I couldn't find working windows drivers and I knew FC4 already had them and possibly a sound recorder for my needs. Thing is I'm the only computer person of the bunch then we have my bro the audio profressional with recording degrees, he tunes the system while I run it. He's the only one who can tune the system properly.

I've tested Audacity by recording some Boston from CD. It works pretty good. Ya never know I may not need this setup if some of the other people on the case have found a new tape deck. I think I know someone who can fix it but it'd take a few days I'm sure.

I don't really need it but could someone let me know how to record in stereo on it. (The crap ends up mono anyway)

Edited by Honda_Boy

thanks by the way it was edit>prefrences. Maybe the recording quality will be a little better now. I'm testing it with Monsters of Rockl right now.

Cum on Feel th Noize, girls rock your boys, we'll get wild wild wild, wild wild wild.

ahhh, Quiet Riot, aslo

Great WHite

Alice Cooper

Europe

Ratt

Warrant

Whitesnake

Poison

Winger

Living Colour

Twisted Sister

Judas Priest

Cinderella

.38 Special

Autograph

Night Ranger

Man this is a good CD

* man I'll tell you what, it takes friggin forever to encode an hour and 13 minute stereo track to mp3.

Edited by Honda_Boy
thanks by the way it was edit>prefrences. Maybe the recording quality will be a little better now. I'm testing it with Monsters of Rockl right now.

Cum on Feel th Noize, girls rock your boys, we'll get wild wild wild, wild wild wild.

ahhh, Quiet Riot, aslo

Great WHite

Alice Cooper

Europe

Ratt

Warrant

Whitesnake

Poison

Winger

Living Colour

Twisted Sister

Judas Priest

Cinderella

.38 Special

Autograph

Night Ranger

Man this is a good CD

* man I'll tell you what, it takes friggin forever to encode an hour and 13 minute stereo track to mp3.

JetAudio does a far better job plus you have the option to record in .FLAC, .OGG, or .APE along with the standards.

I converted tons of old Jazz from LP . Used audacity (could never get it perfect) RipVynil, and MusicMatch Jet audio is the best. Be sure your system wav level is not too high and play with the record levels in JetAudio it should only take a few moment to get right.

Preston

I might try JetAudio too. I'm sure if it was the age and performance of the system, audacity, or just the screen savver but on longer recordings i got bumpy audio later on. I think it was the screen saver.

I might try JetAudio too. I'm sure if it was the age and performance of the system, audacity, or just the screen savver but on longer recordings i got bumpy audio later on. I think it was the screen saver.

For simple audio importing to the pc, i just use the free version of MusicMatch Jukebox which lets you choose .wav,wma,mp3 or customs bitrates.

Here's a clip of what I recorded with Audacity. (Edited it with it too.) Sorry rhema7 couldn't get Jet Audio working correctly. Also couldn't find editing stuff either.

The artists should say Larry Duvall and Tim Jones but when I exported it I messed up. It says Larr Duvall. I left the y out and Tim out completly.

Larry- Vocals

Tim- Piano

Here's the clip.