hi all us T-men

read this

do you think she should win her case.

perhaps she has many children

or an over enthusiastic husband.

marty

Dancer sues show for dismissal over bra size

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MIAMI (Reuters) - A Miami-based dancer is suing the owners and producers of the Broadway musical "Movin' Out" for more than $100 million in damages on grounds that she was emotionally abused and fired after her breasts grew too large for her costumes.

Alice Alyse was a top dancer in the touring company of the show, which features Billy Joel's music and Twyla Tharp's choreography. Alyse says she was dismissed from the cast of the show last month after her breasts grew from cup size C to D while she was recovering from an injury.

Michael Hartman, a spokesman for the producers, said they had no comment. A spokesman for Joel, who is not a defendant in the case, could not be reached for immediate comment.

Alyse, who is in her 20s, said the change of cup size occurred naturally as her body matured. Ruling out any big weight gain, she said she kept fit while recovering from a toe injury suffered when she was dropped by a fellow dancer from six feet in the air.

"I was thin, I was a size zero, but my breasts had gotten bigger," Alyse told a news conference on Tuesday. "When I tried on my costumes they fit everywhere except in the breast area."

Her suit, which names Tharp among the defendants, lists a whole catalog of charges including wrongful termination, breach of contract, defamation, sexual harassment and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

It was filed on Monday in Miami-Dade Circuit Court. Alyse's lawyer, Larry Klayman, said the "main perpetrator" of the alleged abuse heaped on the young dancer was Eric Sprosty, a stage manager. Klayman said Sprosty flew into a rage after learning of Alyse's changing breast size.

"She was in fear of bodily injury," Klayman said.

He said the more than $100 million suit was "based on actual and compensatory damages" in the case, but he also said "Movin' Out" was "a very lucrative show" and a "cash cow for Broadway."

The show, which won Tonys awards for choreography

and orchestrations, ended its Broadway run in December after 1,300 performances.

"In the ballet world, obviously, people are small-breasted," Klayman said in answer to a question about the maturing shape of Alyse, who is a trained ballerina.

*ahemmmmm* a size 0 and a D cup? Methinks she had work done on something other than her toe (and amazed she can stand up without falling over)!

Still a shame that body image is so important nowadays. Give her a cheeseburger and give the meaty girls a chance! Talent doesn't know how much one weighs!

I hope she wins!

Liz

Edited by blim

yes i agree

i hope she wins

her body parts shouldnt make any

difference weather she can dance or not.

in my country that dance company

would be investigated on human rights grounds

marty

0-o if her boss doesn't think she can perform her job anymore he has a right to fire her

(Just thought id put alittle argument into this thread =P to much agreeing)

You guys just want her to win cuz you wish you were the ones about to win 100 Zillion dallors lol.

Now all i need is for someone to side with me and we're even! lol...

Edited by Naming is hard
... Michael Hartman, a spokesman for the producers, said they had no comment. ... Alyse, who is in her 20s, said the change of cup size occurred naturally as her body matured. Ruling out any big weight gain, she said she kept fit while recovering from a toe injury suffered when she was dropped by a fellow dancer from six feet in the air. ... Alyse's lawyer, Larry Klayman, ... said the more than $100 million suit was "based on actual and compensatory damages" in the case, but he also said "Movin' Out" was "a very lucrative show" and a "cash cow for Broadway." ...
So no one connected with the show would confirm her breast size had anything to do with her dismissal, she was out for an unspecified time to recover from an injury and her breasts suddenly got much larger, and her lawyer (probably while greedily rubbing his hands together in glee) mentions that the show makes a lot of money.

Yeah, nothing suspicious about that story. :blink: