Hello everyone! I'm pretty sure I'm not hearing things, but once in awhile I'll hear very very short beeps from the case speaker well windows is running. This is very hard to explain the beeps last only like a milli second or less. It's probally nothing

Thanks for your help and have a great day

Sceeter32

thats not a normal sound from your mobo then.

I wonder if your mobo has something similar to smoke detectors, you know they chirp when the battery is failing. There is the possibility that your mobo is set up to do the same when the CMOS battery is failing.

Just a thought.

the mobo may only be a few months old but there is no telling when the battery was made. Batteries drain down slowly in storage, which is why they put a use by date on the packaging. Also it could just be a bad battery

try testing your bat by turning your compt of

unhook your power cables

overnight

in the morning turn every thing on then

go to the bios and check your clock and date

if these are not correct you bat is on the way out

marty

Open up your case and listen for where the noise comes from.

Hardware Tips: Give Your Ears a Break--Put Your PC on the QT

A hard drive that chirps incessantly--even when you're not writing to or reading from it--may indicate that your system needs more RAM. When your PC's physical RAM fills with data, Windows starts writing the overflow to a swap file on the hard drive. Having too little RAM increases the number of hard-drive accesses--and the level of noise. For more information on improving your PC's performance by setting the size of your swap file manually, see last month's Answer Line.
Open up your case and listen for where the noise comes from.

Hardware Tips: Give Your Ears a Break--Put Your PC on the QT

A hard drive that chirps incessantly--even when you're not writing to or reading from it--may indicate that your system needs more RAM. When your PC's physical RAM fills with data, Windows starts writing the overflow to a swap file on the hard drive. Having too little RAM increases the number of hard-drive accesses--and the level of noise. For more information on improving your PC's performance by setting the size of your swap file manually, see last month's Answer Line.

Ok thanks guy I'll try what you suggested

Sceeter32