OOk this moring I had a bright brain wave this is what it is:

I want to take a car hook some spekers up them some how run some kind of cable up to the front of the car, like a USB cable (i really dont know what kind of cable i would need i will say that it is a USB) but somehow it has to be hooked up to the speakers then i will run a lap top pc in the car and hook the *USB cable* up to the pc. The pc will have all my songs on i!!!

Is this even Posibal?????????????????????????????

If I understand what your saying....

You could buy a wired FM transmitter and install it to your current radio in your car.

Or buy an after market CD reciever that has an auxiliary input connection.

Either way you would use the 3.5mm speaker wire running out of your laptop to connect your radio.

Edited by Bubba Bob

many newer cd players have inputs on them usually on the back of all places. I think my Pioneer Premier does. Trygoing to an electronics store like Circuit City or Best Buy and ask about this.

Allright i will do that honda boy.

I do not know what you mean bubba!!!!!!!

He means you would run a cord out of your laptop's speaker port (a 3.5mm cord like headphones use) to the stereo. My mom's new car (nissan armada) came with an auxiliary port and I'm just waiting to mess around with my MP3 player.

I know that aftermarket kits for the port cost aroun 100 - but I saw a guy do it for his iPOD on a Toyota Celica and posted really good instructions somewhere on hackaday.com

for $20.00 from Walmart you can get a Belkin transmitter that plugs into the line out of your pc and set the radio in the car to the appropriate station it plays through the car wirlessly

I use one with a portable mp3 player, 10 hrs of music, one cd

for $20.00 from Walmart you can get a Belkin transmitter that plugs into the line out of your pc and set the radio in the car to the appropriate station it plays through the car wirlessly

Yes. I had one of those. POS in my opinion.

I took it back and got an Irock Beamit off the net. Works alot better. However, you can only get so good with wireless FM transmitters. That's why I recommend getting a wired FM transmitter. Half the price, twice the sound quality (NO static) just takes a little more time to install :thumbsup:

My CD player (and most modern ones) supports MP3. I put about 80hrs worth on a CD-RW and change the music on it when I get tired of what I have put on it.

Aslo, davisbaumung, what kind of CD player or radio are you trying to do this with. Is it possibe to get a link to what you have in a store or manufacturer site. If it is a factory radio, I definately suggest getting a new one unless the car is brand freakin new.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, Bubba i do not have a car yet but I do have my license, turning 16 in may. I want a sunfire. But i will be putting my own stero in it. Do you just want to know about what car i drive or is there some special stero you can get for that perticular car?

And i do not have the radio, or stero yet that is what I am asking you for, what kind to get..

Anything eles?

Do you just want to know about what car i drive or is there some special stero you can get for that perticular car?

Both.

BTW, it's my opinion, and personal experience that the Pontiac Sunfire and Chevy Crapilier are lacking in quality of workmanship and reliablity. AKA: They are cheap pieces of sh#@.

But, it's your choice.

Goodluck gettin your licence :thumbsup:

EDIT:

Oh, and whats your budget? Do you want to replace the whole system or just the CD reciever?

Edited by Bubba Bob

Not to bash your choice but I'm with Bubba on the J-Body GM's. I had an old sunbird. Those things are actually a little better than the sunfire replacement in my opinion. In general they aren't very good vehicles. They break down at the drop of a hat and, according to the manager where I work AND my brother (an automotive genious), they ar ean extreme pain to work on. My brother's Cavalier (actually wife's) he says is so hard to work on and has needed more stuff than his 98 4Runner. That Cavalier is an 03. Also steer clear of any Front wheel drive Daimler Chrysler cars. They are god awful pieces of crap.

I'd suggest in the way of small cars, a Ford Focus (ZX3 3Dr), Nissan Sentra (Later ones, earlier ones aren't great), Toyota Carrola, (same as sentra), and of course Acura Integras....................................................Oh yeah Don't forget Honda Civics.

Edited by Honda_Boy

Ok this proply will not be a brand new car!! ANd i will have to see if i will replace the whole sound syetem in it or what, i know a car machanic that will do it for me for a cheap price!

I like the sunfires but i dont really care what i drive as long as it gose and is nice to look at.

Hum what else

Oh yeah Don't forget Honda Civics.

Haha :D

Well, with that Sunfire you might not being "going for long".

ANd i will have to see if i will replace the whole sound syetem in it or what, i know a car machanic that will do it for me for a cheap price!

Im sure if you want decent sound you will have to replace the whole thing. Economy cars aren't ment to sound great.

Oh, and this would be a great "Do it yourself" project. :thumbsup:

Edited by Bubba Bob

It will be a good do it your self project... I might just get the machanic to install the stero and the speakers, but I will twek it to fit my needs..... What kind of stero would you sugest i get along with some speakers? I want bass and good sound. Limit is i dont know what did you guys spend on your audio systems in your cars?