I need a second opinion about this

I have an Aspire Q-Pack case. It has a 420W PSU. My brother says that Aspire power supplies aren't that good. He says I should get a better PSU. He found an Antec m-AT 300W PSU for $40. Is this true or is my PSU not the greatest.

This is the PSU Antec m-AT

The second reason for changing PSU's is a noise thing. I leave my PC on at night and itt doesn't bother me but my b/f says it's a little too annoying for him. My brother said that Antec is quiet.

Edited by deaf_girl
The second reason for changing PSU's is a noise thing. I leave my PC on at night and itt doesn't bother me but my b/f says it's a little too annoying for him. My brother said that Antec is quiet.
The psu in my case is very silent but the fans in aspire cases are loud they where real silent when I first got my case but after a few months they got real loud but my case has 4 fans the qpack only has 1 120mm fan.

a cheaper solution in multiple respects would just be to shut it down at night. no sound, no electricity being used. If you absolutely needed to replace i'd get a Forton. Otherwise leave it alone. I haven't heard anything about aspire being bad. I've heard Antecs are good, but Forton for anything would be my pick. In fact when I rebuild my system into an Aspire X-Plorer case I'm gettin a Forton PSU cause the case doesn't come with one. I just about can't stand my current ase any longer. It's fallin apart. The PSU that came with i is alright though. :) I have another use for it somewheres else.

Open the case and slip $50 inside. Then if you have problems down the road, you'll have the cash to deal with it.

Assuming the power supply doesn't murder something else, like the motherboard.

The psu in my case is very silent but the fans in aspire cases are loud they where real silent when I first got my case but after a few months they got real loud but my case has 4 fans the qpack only has 1 120mm fan.

That's typical behavior of very poorly made fans.