hi team recently i recycled 20 floppys.and formated them, but now i need to clean the labels off the disks can this be done with detergent or a cleaning tool .or a cleaning fluid.

im not experience with floppys so i need info here.

i want to donate them to a charitable organisation.

were i did chartable work for some years.

i have another 20 -30 i will format.and donate to them..but i need to get rid of the labels

thanks

marty

I have never any experience with this but I will try to give a bit of cautious advice.

Use a damp sponge, dampen the label. Let sit,keep damp. Scrape label off.

I would say take time to not get water on data surface. Trail and error. After you did a few try writing to floppy and copying data off.

Good Luck

M

hi mikex well that trick of using water was great.it got all the labels off i used a carving chesel to scrape them at the moment i have them drying in the sun.in case water got into recording sector.i also used hot water which made a huge difference.i keep you in touch on the progress the org im donating too will probably need my expertise to be able to access them.and of course the member of this board in particular your self .

so thanks

take care

marty