I just tried it. If you're trying to get real close to the monitor, it could be a few things. You probably have to use manual settings not auto. You might need to use the macro setting. Remember the screen is'nt one solid, steady picture, but a bunch of rapidly pulsing pixels. You might need to prolong exposure and also use a small tripod

Just my 2 cents

Mark

thats a real bumer tht I cant upload pics that the camera didn't take, Garmanma thx for the heads up, I was wondering what the macro button was for, it has a picture of a flower beside it so I thought that I would prob use that in high light conditions :P

anyway if theres any way to get pictuers such as wallapers etc.. on a digital camera to work please post here or send me a PM I would really like to know how to that, THX in advance

do you use the camera's flash when taking the images? If so, thats what is killing the image. The anti-glare coating on the monitor is causing the glass to reflect the flash so all you get is a black image. The only way to get an image from a computer monitor, thats useable without flickering, is with a film based 35mm camera, 400 speed film, F6 to F8 exposure time.

It seems the Digital Revolution has met it's match, and old tech can still win.

but can you set it up to not use the flash in low light environments? I'm not familiar with your camera thats the only reason I ask.

I'm not slamming digital Cameras, or tech, I'm just pointing out what i know works best imho for a screen capture on a Camera. Not everyone can afford the more expensive Digital Cameras that have those options.

That's what I read, X. I see no way to do that , but my Sweet Brit says you should be able to just drag and drop the file into the camera, using explorer. (it shows as a removable HDD in XP) Be sure it's the correct format, re: Jpeg

Hope this helps.

Edited by bozodog

If your computer has a Card Reader on it, you could try and use the flash memory card as a type of pendrive, not sure if that will work or not, could have some Software restrictions preventing that from happening.

yep its a jpeg format and i am using explorer to drag and drop it to the camera, the camera has an sd slot but I dont have any money to waste on sd cards cause the camera has 32mbs internal which is ok for now, but it wont show the pic just a black screen, b4 it wouldnt work at all after renaming it like the digial camera pic i.e PHOT0001 it works but only see black :P, which sucks

Wayne, the manual for my Minolta A2 says nothing about it. BUT! I just did a firmware update and the instructions on the site stated there must be at least a 16bit card, empty and properly formatted to install the update.

X, I don't know if using the onboard memory will work. That may not have an "open door" without a formatted card in place. I will try both ways on mine after work tonite. I'll let you know..... Try borrowing a card from someone. And jeesch, they ain't expensive you know.

I know but Im so busy right no I dont ahve to time to go the store and have to save money for other things :P, thx boz I wanna see if it will work on your camera if it does that would be great news maybe it will work 4 me when i get my SD card

Whats ur opnion a 1 gb card at $67 or a 256 mb card at $23 CDN taxes included?

my canon sd 500 uploads jpeg files using the camera window software supplied with the camara...push the button that says upload to camara...browse to the jpeg file you want to upload and ...presto it's transfered to the camara...

:huh::rolleyes:

what camara are you using..?

my camera (Mercury, CyberPix S-555v) doesnt have this option, it came with software a pretty cool video editing program and a crappy image program called Presto! Mr.Photo 3. My biggest issue with the camera is RED-EYE, I thought that digital camera were suppost to elimate those problem, and the quality of pics is good but with the right light.

The only reason I dont return the thing is because I can use it as a webcam and shoot videos with it, I got it for $150 + tax about $170 CND, are there any good cameras like the only I have but without the problems.

I go to the wal-mart ask what the differences are and the usual customer crap, and she suggested this 1 (price was a big issue) maybe the fine people at besttechie can help me find a good Digital Camera thats around $150-$200??

Edited by X-Cannon

I don't think you need a different camera. In your price range it looks like a nice one. But I do think you need a SD card...I'm surprized one didn't come with it. Don't get a big one unless you need to store a whole lot of pics or are shooting large (3680x2760) I get 52 on standard quality, and 520 at 640x480 on a 128 bit CF card. (8mp)

Maybe try some other software.. I use Picassa, free... And windows does a fine job with videos.

Sorry I didn't have time to give uploading a try yet... But I will and post back.

thx box much appreciated, will Picassa from Google, do the job of the red-eye? That’s the most annoying thing I have found so far, light I can do ok with

The macro feature is crap imo, it blurs everything, and when I get really close info something light becomes a big issue. Red-eye is more annoying though

Picassa has a "red-eye" edit. Macro is difficult, using a tripod is the best way. Also check your distance from the object. I marked the inches on my camera strap of my old camera to get the proper focus. Does your camera have a red-eye setting on the flash? Some do, and it flicks once, then flashes and catches the pic. Idea being, the 1st flash closes the iris of the eye.

thats why those cameras flas 1s or 2s lol, always wanted to know why that way, anyway is Picassa a good red-eye reduction tool, cause the software I got blackens the whole eye and all the skin inbetween the eyes, irfanview is that a good tool 4 red-eye?

Also u guys are saying the camera I have is a good one? not worth getting another around the same price??

thats why those cameras flas 1s or 2s lol, always wanted to know why that way, anyway is Picassa a good red-eye reduction tool, cause the software I got blackens the whole eye and all the skin inbetween the eyes, irfanview is that a good tool 4 red-eye?

Also u guys are saying the camera I have is a good one? not worth getting another around the same price??

Before and after Irfanview.

Edited by handplane

I found Picassa fine for red eye. Heh heh MY problem is red-eye on the pics I take of my critters is really BLUE eye! So software ain't the answer. I end up using PhotoPlus, (free) or Paint Shop Pro.

X, I keep getting the feeling you don't want to do the research yourself. These kinds of things are a "practice makes perfect" sort of lesson. READ your manual, (mine is 187 pages long) Try try again.. Join a photo forum, check out tutorials... experiment and practice. Use the same time and effort that you do with games.....