How Did You Get Your Name?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My screen name is for my Siamese cat, who usually is sitting beside me on "her" chair on a pillow, or on my lap, or if the sun is out she will be up on top of her cat post in front of the window.

She started all this when we first got the computer set up and she demanded the chair my hubby was sitting on. So ever since it has been "her" chair.

When I needed a screen name for my first boards, TechTV, my hubby said use "thesidekickcat", which is what we laughingly called her, and so it started. I dropped the "the" over on Leoville though but should have kept it.

Most people either recognize me by my screen name or by my usual signoff which is as follows.

God bless everyone.

My handle is a nickname for high performance gas and also a nickname for my favorite type of alcoholic beverage. I've gone by the nickname of hitest for a few years on several boards. My other handle on another board is nuclearwasted. It's great to see familiar faces here :D

#1) During the late morning of 7/4/75 after celebrating my 21st. birthday I reeled from my cell to the admitting desk to retrieve my personal belongings. While I was signing the release sheet and being informed of my court date the desk Sargent said I was nothing but a f'ing terrorist. It took me several days to find out what I did to earn that connotation. I earned it! :rolleyes:

#2) I sent payment for an item and received nor heard anything from the seller for over 6 weeks. I figured this person shafted me so I did a little research and found out where he worked and sent him a picture of said place by email. In a reply I was informed that he could have me charged with an attempted terrorist act against a State employee in a government building. I was told he would save my communication to deliver to the feds if I bothered him again. I got my item.Bwahahahahha!!! Bring the bad boys on.

#3) I detest the overuse of the word terrorist by G.W. Bush and his delinquent cronies in their attempt to cower the people. So I use it to protest those cowards.

Better than being called Ethyl I guess......Damn am I that old?.......hahahahahaha.......

Hi il_wiccan

Maybe you could fess up with your reason or did you forget ahahah

I have the il figured out but wiccan

Guess ladies wish to keep some things private

Take care sweetie ahahah

Marsh :D

Well, from age 6 to like age 10, I went by the username of "DragonfireMH". By sixth grade, myself and fellow peers began to see that as "lame" or "un-cool." A very good friend of mine thought of "Mr.Matt" but we both knew that that would be stupid. Trying to sqeeze both fun, and originallity into the name; we stubled upon "MistaMatt." Since usernames without numbers are rare, I didn't get that on many registrations, so, I added the year of my birth to the mix; thus concluding in "MistaMatt90."

Hi Marsh,,,,,,Wiccan eh? Definition: Someone who follows the religion of Wicca. May or may not also be a witch. About says it all of course the il is for the miserable state I live in.......Hahahahahaha......I have been called Wiccan for oh about 30+ years because of my beliefs so there you hvae it.....

You know, I wasn't sure when cowsgonemadd3 brought this topic up - wasn't sure if it'd be a good topic or not...thought it might be kind of silly...but I was way wrong. This has been really interesting getting to read how people came up with their nicks - gives you a bit of insight into who they are as well. Very cool. :D

Hi Marsh,,,,,,Wiccan eh? Definition: Someone who follows the religion of Wicca. May or may not also be a witch. About says it all of course the il is for the miserable state I live in.......Hahahahahaha......I have been called Wiccan for oh about 30+ years because of my beliefs so there you hvae it.....

Hi il_wiccan

Finally got you,, SIR

Will need to check that one out

Sure hope it's not like all the others,, kicking me out to the homeless streets

The ET society was my last

Marsh

Mine comes from a nickname I got as a kid growing up back in the seventies in a suburb of New Orleans around the era when Jethro Tull was popular on the radio.

If you think about it for a second, you can probably figure out what my real name is. One day a friend just mutated the name Jethro Tull the way one might expect someone from N'awlins to do and it stuck.

I guess a more phonetic spelling of the way it was pronounced when friends said it would be Jeffro...Tuh but I kept the spelling short.

No one has actually called me by that moniker in many years but I resurrected it for use online.