Help! Digital Multimeter

If you had a more specific question, that might get things going.

Blanket advice: turn it on with the red circle-with-a-line-in-it button, turn the dial to what you want to measure and a number value at least as large as what you want to measure, and stick the probes into something. Black probe should be in the center port, red probe in whichever side probe is appropriate for what you're measuring.

I'm guessing Hold will freeze the current value on the screen.

The "K" measurments will be ohms

A and Ma will be Amps. and milliamps

ac and dc voltage

The one at the bottom and to the right of 200 is an audible signal for continuity checks

Flukes are different but the symbols still mean the same thing

Mark

Starting from the top (moving clockwise) what does do each of the sections measure? By section I am referring to the colored off areas

AC voltage, dc current, hFE is current amplification factor (presumably for testing transistors by putting them in the socket next to "Light"), next spot appears to be a continuity test (probably), then resistance, then dc voltage. The 2kΩ spot can also serve as a diode tester, which is why it has a diode symbol next to it.

thanks so far, but I really need to know is how to get out of this what i need.

Let's say I'm checking for the voltage on a circuit. What setting would I set it to to find out the voltage? (this and other scenarios)

thanks so far, but I really need to know is how to get out of this what i need.

Let's say I'm checking for the voltage on a circuit. What setting would I set it to to find out the voltage? (this and other scenarios)

For ac voltage, one of the settings near the top (the two blue ones next to the V), for dc the red ones counter-clockwise from them. Use the smallest-numbered setting that is large enough. Start with a small settings and work up as needed.

Edited by Aluvus