Humor Gone From That "other" Place....

Well in case you don't know the mods at G4 seem to have been given a bit of power and as usual incompetent people abuse it. They are sending out warnings and banning people out the yang from what I hear. No off topic anything is allowed in the Tech Forum now, no humor no nothing but boring shop talk only.....hahahahahaha.....I have yet to get my warning but I assume it's on it's way. I hope so because I have a few things to tell them over there........so now you all will have to put up with my crap eh?......HAHAHAHAHAHA....Hi beluga, just what you wanted to hear eh?.......

Hi il_wiccan.....

Glad to see you here.... :D

B. has really got Besttechie going excellent here.

Made it my motto to have "fun and learn".....(got that from you back in the CFH days). Which by btw.....I still thank you.... :D

WHAT?????????? no humor???????????? but those gamer kiddies can throw 4 letter words at each other? I might warn you that humor is my middle name....bear- humor- skin...

I don't mind the four letter words, I ignore that stuff.

But, a lot of the posters over there are mean spirited and cruel.

Besttechie.net rules:-)

I am fed up with the potty mouthed kids over there. No respect for anyone, not even themselves to talk like they live in the gutter. They even make their thread titles filthy.

I go over there if nothing going on here or at Leoville, and then only stay a little while as it seems to be getting worse from visit to visit. I think they are trying to drive people away, at least the old time TTV board people.

Looked like Pete was trying to have fun on the halloween thread, so some off topic stuff is still allowed I guess, at least by him. If they do away with the family feeling there, and don't allow family fun talk mixed in then it is time to give up on the place.

If I get warned over there, then I have a list of things to tell them to clean up elsewhere first before banning me. So I suggest everyone else start making their own lists (saving thread links or certain poster names if necessary), in anticipation of a warning coming. Then we will go out with our guns smoking!!! Ha Ha!!! :D

And if we do get banned, then it is their loss!!!! B)

God bless everyone.

I'll tell ya one thing or 2 or 3. The tension is so thick over their you could cut it with a knife. I am not going back over there to post anytime soon. If they want to drive us out fine with me as there is this site I come to as well as worldstart ware normal people hang out. I PM'ed two mods yesterday about a person thats avatar has a picture of the president George Bush giving you the middle finger. Seems as that is OK with the mods. I PM'ed one mod about this issue and was told it was not that mods responsibility to remove it, so that mod PM'ed another mod about it and nothing was done. I waited 2 or 3 hours and I PM'ed that mod that was responsibable for that board. Her response on Saturday was and I quote. have to wait until this Monday and check with the higher ups to see if in fact this person should remove his or her avatar, then went on to tell me that she thinks it was approved by the higher ups. Can you imaging ? But were not aloud to put a little humor in our tech responses when helping out. I think it stinks.

I can see them getting uptight about all the name calling stuff over there on the TSS. board as it did get way out of hand. But some of these mods have gotten way out of control.

Have any of your's ever been to there off topic forum ? But they want to jump down our throats about a little humor added in with our tech responses. It does not fly with me period. I am no little 10 or 12 year old. I am in my early 40's I don't have time to get into a PI$$ing contest with any of them mods. I go there to help out when & ware I can.

Surly anyone with a half a brain can tell we have lost a boat load of great people from CFH. & TSS that stopped going there to help out. Now this little stunt, Nah! no more. I think I have had just about my fill.

Sorry for the rant, I seen wiccan with this thread I just had to jump in. I could keep going on, but I wont. It sure has raised my dander a few days ago. If they want us to go, great I have no problem leaving. Just a bunch of little cry babies over there.

Saw the other day where one mod warned Sultan_Emerr about spaming. <_<

I have not ask Sultan what happened but I did question the mod's action.

Of all the people who post advice Sultan is the last one I would ever say that to.

I know he will post to several questions at once so I am guessing that is what happened.

I would like to think that if your trying to help,and you help more than one person you would get a little slack,but I guess not. :(

I have noticed that wasn't the first time our friend the Sultan has been hassled for spamming. And I do believe it was for helping others on multiple post.

I went there last night for the first time in weeks, looked at about 20 - 25 threads, saw where they had jumped on Sultan for that. Saw enough that it will be a cold day in hell before I go back again

JD

well guys i am new here, but looking for a forum where i dont get a lecture like a kid or like i should know everything about my computer & everything i download. im just learning.ok so i posted a reply about the spyware that norton2005 said there was in spybot. so i hope im welcome here............. STAY SAFE ....oh yeah MERELDA thats why i wanted you to go there and post your post that was here on the same subject that i was reading. thanks.

I went there last night for the first time in weeks, looked at about 20 - 25 threads, saw where they had jumped on Sultan for that. Saw enough that it will be a cold day in hell before I go back again

JD

They can not afford to lose Sultan. He is known as the link master. He's also one hell of a nice person. I can't count that high for all the help Sultan has gave me, even when I never asked for help. Il_Wiccan is a cool person to and extremely knowledgeable person. Lots of other great people as well over their. Just a matter of time before all of us just say the hell with em all together over their. I love the environment hear any day of the week. A good deal of the CFH. & TSS. family have came over hear. I love the family type feeling anyday hear as one always feels welcome. I give B. a lot of credit for putting up these boards for us people. ;)

You can pick personalities after being around them for a while.

Like Shadow said "link Master" for sultan. Il is smart with a bent sence of humor. Even here I could just about put the name to the post in most cases.

M

well guys i am new here, but looking for a forum where i dont get a lecture like a kid or like i should know everything about my computer & everything i download. im just learning.ok so i posted a reply about the spyware that norton2005 said there was in spybot. so i hope im welcome here............. STAY SAFE ....oh yeah MERELDA thats why i wanted you to go there and post your post that was here on the same subject that i was reading. thanks.

Welcome to Besttechie.net, man :D

I hope you like it here! The people are very nice, a lot of us are ex-G4 people and from other boards too.

hitest

well guys i am new here, but looking for a forum where i dont get a lecture like a kid or like i should know everything about my computer & everything i download. im just learning.ok so i posted a reply about the spyware that norton2005 said  there was in spybot. so i hope im welcome here............. STAY SAFE ....oh yeah MERELDA thats why i wanted you to go there and post your post that was here on the same subject that i was reading. thanks.

Welcome flashh4. This is a great board. You will meet some of the finest people here, that are more than willing to help, with a wealth of knowledge.

I might add it can be a lot of fun also. We all get along like one big happy family. A lot of us are from the old TechTV, which is now G4, and I also do not participate too much at G4. Only drop in once in awhile. Mostly come here, Worldstart and Dell.

Thanks to "B" for creating this board so we could all gather and stay together. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Barb :D

hi team i went there yesterday and struck a thread called horror stories from cat@

some posted a link and i went into it and my scanner went wild

warning me of a POTENTIAL virus .twice it did that iwas going to send the link by eamail to a freind until that siren .

so i posted a warning to all posters who went there to be careful.

and the guy who posted the link wouldnt believe my scanner went off he said i used avg and it didnt show any thing i tried to explain avg dosent update any more which is one of the reasons i changed to avast.

i got a notice from grisoft telling me they are discontuing the service unti they develope a sys in conjunction whith sp2 .

so any one who goes to g4 be care of that thread.and it just goes to show how that site has deterioated.boy am i glad this board is in existing

remember the thread is headed

horror stories cat@

marty