Utility For Installing Wireless Network Cards

I was trying to install a wireless network card on a linux laptop and it was not being detected. A friend gave me a link to a utility which can be found here: http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/wlan/install.php It is available as a RPM or a tar file. It worked well.

Hope this helps someone

JPMK12

You can do the same thing linuxant does (load a windows driver) for free using ndiswrapper. There may also be a native driver for your card, do you know the make and model number.

It worked for me. I was just posting the link hoping it would help someone else. :)

I can appreciate that link...a couple years back and still new to linux, not getting my wireless working almost turned me off to linux. Every distro I tried wouldn't detect my card and for a new user ndiswrapper can be a bit overwhelming (I never got it to work). So I caved and spent the $20 and voila!, worked like a charm.

Anyway, if it weren't for linuxant, I'd either be a unhappy windows user or a guy missing clumps of hair from ripping it out trying to get ndiswrapper to work. :thumbsup: