Strange Google Insert At Bottom Of Search Results

I haven't done a Google search for a few days, but just did one and at bottom right hand corner of the first search results page was a small supposedly Google display insert of various things like news, email, weather, DJI, and something about lunch tomorrow with Mandy in middle of insert???? So is that just an example of their desktop thingy that was mentioned to the left to download, or has my Google search been taken over by something?

This is scaring me that I have some creepy scumware or is it just Google being nasty with an ad for their junk? I sure hope it is just Google, but even then I am not happy with their garbage scaring me!!! :angry:

Also for awhile now I have had some strange sign in thing at top upper right of Google Search. What is that all about?

Thanks for any replies to help me figure this out. Will be back after supper.

Pat

God bless everyone.

So is that just an example of their desktop thingy that was mentioned

Yes. No scumware :)

Also for awhile now I have had some strange sign in thing at top upper right of Google Search. What is that all about?

To sign in to your Google account. Like to check your e-mail (Gmail) and use other Google services.

Bless you for reassuring this old lady that it is just Google being Google (taking over the world).

Thanks so much!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I guess I have been reading to many scary threads and HJT logs of hijacked computers, search engines taken over, etc, etc. Sort of makes me scared it could happen no matter how careful I am and I worry that whatever protection I use to prevent it might not be enough. So I panicked when I saw the wierd image thing where I didn't expect it. Sigh!!!

Pat

God bless everyone.

Hello Mods,

Sorry about putting this in the wrong forum yesterday. So if you Mods want to move it that is ok with me.

I actually thought I was putting it in Spyware/Adware Information. Well both start with S, so at least I had that part right. :rolleyes:

Been fighting a bad cold, so not thinking to square about anything. And not used to seeing something like that Google strange image where I didn't expect it, plus it was overlapped on the search page numgers and over the end of the Google name so made me think it was not Google's stuff... so I panicked and posted here. Thankfully Bubba Bob reassured me it was ok, bless him.

Pat

God bless everyone.

Edited by thesidekickcat
Bless you for reassuring this old lady that it is just Google being Google (taking over the world).

Thanks so much!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I guess I have been reading to many scary threads and HJT logs of hijacked computers, search engines taken over, etc, etc. Sort of makes me scared it could happen no matter how careful I am and I worry that whatever protection I use to prevent it might not be enough. So I panicked when I saw the wierd image thing where I didn't expect it. Sigh!!!

Pat

God bless everyone.

I understand. I had a scare last week like that.

I hope you get to feelin better.