Gentoo 2006.0

It apears the newest gentoo, verison 2006.0 , now comes with an installer. Download it, and give it a try.

http://www.gentoo.org/

I do not know a whole lot about it, but I am pretty sure most stuff will need to be confiugred. Just like slackware, most stuff will not be set up for you. Their will still be some work involved with getting everything to work properly. That is a good thing, you will learn alot in the process :-)

Edited by shanenin

it looks like its only on the liveCD and not the universal.. I tried the universal this afternoon and did not see it.. will try live in the am..

does this mean teh days of Gentoo is too hard are over :)

never mind its still linux.. people will still complain..

If they add an installer, what will all the kiddies do who think they're leet because of the old way to install. By the way whats with them being behind the times. They aren't using KDE 3.5 yet, and are still using the old version of John the Ripper and gcc4 isn't even available, they take forever to test their packages. I never understood the appeal of gentoo.