Raze Spyware Removal Help

I got it. Besides unchecking the security box there was "security" printed in the window. I deleted that and the backround is now normal. I really want to thank you for going out of your way and helping me through this. I really appreciate this.

One more thing, I don't know what part of the buckeye state you live in but GO BROWNS (I hope)

Glad I could help! :) Its great to hear you got it back to normal! :thumbsup:

I live about 40 miles north of cincinnati, but oddly, I am a Bills fan ^_^ (go figure, lol)

The following is a list of tools and utilities that I like to suggest to people. This list is full of great tools and utilities to help you understand how you got infected and how to keep from getting infected again.

1. Firefox- Internet Explorer is not the most secure and best browser. There are safer and better alternatives available. I recommend Firefox, however Opera is good as well.
  2. Spybot Search & Destroy - Uber powerful tool which can search and annhilate nasties that make it onto your system. Now with an Immunize section that will help prevent future infections.
  3. AdAware - Another very powerful tool which searches and kills nasties that infect your system. AdAware and Spybot Search & Destroy compliment each other very well.
  4. SpywareBlaster - Great prevention tool to keep malware from installing on your system.
  5. SpywareGuard - Works as a Spyware "Shield" to protect your computer from getting malware in the first place.
  6. IE-SpyAd - puts over 5000 sites in your restricted zone so you'll be protected when you visit innocent-looking sites that aren't actually innocent at all.
  7. ATF Cleaner - Cleans temporary files from web browsers, and much more. Great tool to help speed up your computer and knock out those nasties that like to reside in the temp folders.
  8. Windows Updates - It is very important to make sure that both Internet Explorer and Windows are kept current with the latest critical security patches from Microsoft. To do this just start Internet Explorer and select Tools > Windows Update, and follow the online instructions from there.
  9. Google Toolbar - Free google toolbar that allows you to use the powerful Google search engine from the bar, but also blocks pop up windows.

To find out more information about how you got infected in the first place and some great guidelines to follow to prevent future infections you can read this article by Tony Klein

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.