What Wheels Should I Get For My Civic?

Which wheels?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the 3 do you think looks best?

• Set A
    • Set B
    • Set C

in the real world it doesn't, I broke the hook that holds it on on one side, I have to get another. There are dents in the front of the hood it covers plus it hides the gap between the bumper and the hood that was created when my bro rear ended some one in murfreesboro back when it was his.

here's the rest of the pics

mycarwheels001.jpg

mycarwheels004.jpg

mycarwheels006.jpg

mycarwheels007.jpg

I purposely took this next shot crooked. Some car mags take shots like this.

mycarwheels008plateblock.jpg

mycarwheels009plateblock.jpg

mycarwheels010plateblock.jpg

mycarwheels011.jpg

mycarwheels013.jpg

mycarwheels015.jpg

hmmmm, that stupid photobucket over reduced the size lemme re upload.

ahhh well the earlier attachment and the larger pics are enough to let ya know what it looks like now anyway.

Edited by Honda_Boy

OK here's a pic of the tires from tirerack.com, I don't feel like takin another pic right now. The tread in the pic doesn't look exactly like mine but I think it is cause of the size difference. Mine are again 195/55R15 and the one in the pic is 235/45B17

Pic of the tires from tirerack.com

Edited by Honda_Boy

Sorry to force your hand there -- I wasn't feelin' up to the search yesterday (and I REALLY doubt I'd have found such a large, clear picture by myself).

Now if I could only figure out why I'm this thrilled about your new tires & wheels! :lol:

How'z it handle now? My first car came with Goodyears and when they wore out I replaced them with Michelins. Whoa, it turned a nice handling car into a freakin' sports car! The difference was amazing. The Michelins squealed more in turns but hung on like Gorilla Glue. The steering went from precise, to telepathic(just think about your line, and you're following it). Notice the difference yet with yours?

Lets see no more insane drifting. Can actually grip the road in turns. No more barking when shifting from 1st to second (when accelerating fast). No more locking brakes in the rain. Brakes lock less often when having to slam the brakes (only happened once so far on new tires but the wheels didn't lock). The tires don't squeal takin the on-ramp onto the bypass at 40 mph anymore (giant curve). All in all it rides and handles WAY better. My old tires were so bad when I had em rotated, the guy that inspected them said "woah". This is great, I can now hold the wheel straight and let go and low and behold it continues on that path. Used to, it would pull to the right real bad then when they were rotated it would pull to the left but not too bad. But now oh man. I love my new wheels and tires.

Edited by Honda_Boy

I am glad it handles better for you now.

Did you have an alignment done when you got the new tires? Might be a good idea to have it done to preserve your tires if it isn't aligned right especially due to all the wrecks, potholes etc an older car has been through. Would probably save you the equivalent cost of uneven tire wear over life of tires. Be sure and check the shocks too, they are a handling and safety issue if not in good shape. Depending on brand, like Bilsteins (sp?) they might have lifetime warranty on them.

Pat

God bless everyone.

I don't think that they aligned them but it doesn't even need it. The car has been wrecked badly 3 times, no frame damage, but when my bro rearended someone in it he messed up the very front of the frame but not too bad. The spings in the suspesion are fairly new but he front wheels are slightly bent outward but barely. There is a strut tower bar in the front to help the suspension but it's APC. I may, once I've saved up enough, replace it with a Mugen. If not that (cause they are insanely expensive) I'll geta DC Sports one or something that ain't APC. I really wanna overhaul the whole suspension. I also need to fix the frame in the front and repair the entire body pretty much. I'd really like a new engine too. Pretty much all that is gonna be done is the essentials. Brakes, suspension, and any engine/mechanical work that may need to be done. In the way of modding, my brother and I may hit up a junk yard for a wrecked 4-Door Civic EX and snag the rear brake assembly from it and do a rear disc conversion. Then we may try and snag some front brakes from an Integra GS-R. Then I want an Integra GS-R gauge cluster to rplace my current one (if possible) cause it needs replacing anyway. The speedometer is really messed up. There is a mjor short or grounding problem with it. It keeps going out.

Whew that was a long post. Dang!

Dang! Your photos always make the car look desireable, but your descriptions always make it sound like a junker! :D

Still makes me miss my compact sport coupe (my first car). I beat the living daylights out of it, and it kept going, and going ...