What Wheels Should I Get For My Civic?

Which wheels?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the 3 do you think looks best?

• Set A
    • Set B
    • Set C

I'm lookin for new wheels for my 95 Honda Civic EX Coupe. There are many visual faults on my car but the wheels are just sad lookin. They are 14" Steel with Full Covers. The steel is rusting and the covers are peeling. Well I'm looking to buy replicas of these which pictures exist on the site but they just don't compare to real world pics. I want ya'll to look at these wheels and tell me. They are all different Acura Integra GS-R Wheels.

I just can't decide. They all look nice (but not overly flashy so they won't get stolen).

Set A (94-95)

9.jpg

Set B (GS-R 96-97. LS 98-01 )

ALY71673U.jpg

Set C (98-01 GS-R Final set. In the US it was renamed from the Integra to the RSX for 02)

fdf8ee94.jpg

*there i found different pics.

**Hey I found the years too.

Edited by Honda_Boy

YAY!!! I agree, your old wheels bring the whole car down.

I think you should get spinners. Hehe, kidding.

Anyway, whats that first choice(s)?

Oh, I dont know if it's common place for Hondas, but a set of rally wheels would probasbly look nice.

Edited by Bubba Bob

hmm the 1st 2 don't show. hmmm the only reason I can't see them now cause the sites they are on are blocked by my school. I'm school right now, obviously. Bubba, the firs choice are the wheels on the Integra there. They are early GS-R Wheels. All these wheels are Integra GS-R wheels from different times. I'm actually getting replicas. I wish I had a few thousand though to straighten out the frame and get the body completely fixed and repainted (again). This poor car has had a rough rough life before me. 3 major wrecks (my brothers friend before my brother bought it), rear ending someone and sitting at an apartment complex full of little brats (brother). Those little monsters messed up this beautiful car. A friend of my bro's said that car was gorgeous before he moved there. THe wheels are just the first step to making this car shine once again.

Edited by Honda_Boy

Get the ones that weight the least. A few years ago I started autocrossing my miata, The first thing I learned was most rims are built for Bling and not performance. It's hard to find affordable rims that don't weigh more then stock steel.

actually since these wheels are on the High performance Integra they all weigh less than usual wheels. I think there isn't a huge difference in weight. I'm just conflicted on which style to get.

well lemme get these links again when I get home but right now I am at school and 2 of the 3 are blocked. apparently the 2 that are blocked are the 2 that ain't even workin. anyway.

I put up new pics now folks whadya think which ones.

Edited by Honda_Boy

I can't tell, but watch what size tires those rims take. The low profile ones cost dearly. I know they look sweet, but.......... Is an ole Honda worth the extra money? You won't get it back when you sell.

the wheels are all 15x6". The most expensive tires I've looked at for this car were $400 for all 4. My dad is perfectly willing to pay for tires if I pay for wheels. He just bought some super expensive tires for my brothers 4Runner. He is perfectly willing to pay $400. Also I'm not selling this car, well at least not anytime soon. I don't ever expect to sell it. It may stay in the family and not be mine though. It has weird probs that would keep me from dumoin this car on someone else. The speedometer and odometer screwed up to where they'll just not work from time to time, plus my bro for a while had 17" wheels so the mileage is way off. Plus the car is real strange in other aspects too. also a previous owner (brother's best friend and best man at wedding) wrecked the car 3 times.

I'm thinkin of gettin Kumho Ecsta ASX tires (the $400 ones) cause it seems like kumho is more business than flash than others. I found their site easy to navigate and give me the info I need and thus led me to this tire decision. Plus they offer more tires that fit these wheels in higher performance lines.

Dangit, they all look good for different reasons:

a) Most stock-looking. I'm a fan of stock-ee-ness.

B) Multi-spokes are always cool.

c) Still stock-looking, though not accurate for the year (if I got my years right).

With the tires you're considering I'd go for "b" to up the pizzaz ratio.

------

Interesting effect with "B)" there.

Edited by JDoors

Holy crap, I found the Kumho Ecsta ASX tires I want on tirerack.com for 63 bucks a tire. with shipping and all, they cost $288. Man I'm gonna try and convince my dad into paying for for everything especially since he bought $600-700 tires for my bro's 4Runner. I"m thinkin of gettin set A for the low price ($300), clean OEM look, and nice overall look that that doesn't attract too much attention yet highly improves the look of the car. I gotta call some tire places tommorow and ask how much puttin the tires on the wheels and mounting and ballancing would cost. Hoy crap, I could have new wheels and tires sooner than I thought.

hmmm. my brother is warning me of Kumho, I'm thinkin of going with BFGoodrich Traction T/A V tires.

Unfortunately they are $84 a piece and the overall price is $375 after shipping.

Hmm. I think i'll still have to pa for the wheels or at least part.

• 1 month later...

I'm supposed to be ordering the wheels tonight and tire shopping too. I've got the ones I want picked out on tirerack.com but my dad insists on going to all the tire places and seeing if anyone has them. No one. So far the only definate answer from any one has been Sears. They said they didn't have the exact size. I know they have that model of tire though i've seen it in their store. They said they could order and even gave me a price. The one my dad insisted on said they didn't have em and just hung up. I think I'm going to order them from tirerack and have Sears put em on. Plus I'm thoroughly disappointed with the place my dad insisted on anyway casue the last time they touched my car [overtightened lugs on 17 inch rims I had and took it there to have em removed (they rode like crap) and old wheels put back on] my car drifted to the right so bad it wasn't even funny. The tread wear on the front tires was so bad that even that I suprised the guy that inspected my tires at sears before the rotation.

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting set b, the 96-97 GS-R/ 98-01 LS wheels. my dad liked these cause my car has 4 lugs and an 8 spoke design would look better. My mom liked the cleaner OEM look that A offered. But I agree with most of ya'll and my dad. B it is.

Here's some pics I made of what my car would look like with these wheels on em. (sort of)

*Note: these are not real pics of the wheels on my car. In fact it is the same pic of my car with the original wheels and pics of the new wheels over them.

mycar96-97gsr.jpg

2369b332.jpg

Edited by Honda_Boy
I'm pretty sure I'll be getting set b, the 96-97 GS-R/ 98-01 LS wheels. my dad liked these cause my car has 4 lugs and an 8 spoke design would look better. My mom liked the cleaner OEM look that A offfered. But I agree with most of ya'll and my dad. B it is.

Im confused, which is set B?

Oh, duh. Labeled on the first page.

Looks good. Can't wait to see them for real.

Edited by Bubba Bob

well I've ordered them and April 15 or 16th I should have some pictures adn yes it is definately the multispoke wheels (changed my mind from my original decision). Can't wait for em. NOW i gotta tire shop. My dad just refuses to let me get them from Tirerack.com. Man is he ever stubborn. He keeps saying I'll have better services available later on if I buy the tires from wherever. My mom was worried about the warranty by gettin em online. well DUH BF Goodrich puts the warranty on them plus tirerack offers GOBBS of extra warranties. Well I made the 2 pics to compare and finally with the aid of my dad we picked the "mesh" wheels (multispoke). Well finally I won't be ridin crap wheels and tires. I need to scratch off those stupid Enkei decals my brother put on the windows. I think i'll get rid of the HondaTuner.com decals too. Time for some VTEC Inside and Got JDM? decals.

AND HERE WE GO...........NEW WHEELS AND TIRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is all I'm puttin on right now photobucket is doin maintenence