Upgrade Now Or Wait Until Am2 Is Matured?

I am still using Athlon XP 2600 and plan to upgrade it. I read that AM2 socket will be available this summer and later the CPU will be 65nm and support DDR2-800. Should I wait or get now X2 (or dual core opty)?

I do mainly video/audio and FPS games (CoD2 now).

Thanks.

How much do you plan on spending? Remember, as soon as the AM2 comes out the 939's will most likely drop significantly!

I am still using Athlon XP 2600 and plan to upgrade it. I read that AM2 socket will be available this summer and later the CPU will be 65nm and support DDR2-800. Should I wait or get now X2 (or dual core opty)?

I do mainly video/audio and FPS games (CoD2 now).

Thanks.

How much do you plan on spending? Remember, as soon as the AM2 comes out the 939's will most likely drop significantly!

My recommendation to pretty much everyone is to wait until AM2 comes out if possible, and then buy Socket 939.

@OP: AM2 is expected in June (-ish). Support for DDR2-800 is likely to be at or near launch. They have essentially delayed the launch to wait for DDR2 speeds (and latencies) to improve. AMD will shift to 65 nm... sometime. They can get by without doing so for a while if needed.