Modders Power Supply

Ahhh the Ultra X-Connect. Don't much care for it. I don't like the detachable connections cause that's another place for failure to occure.

Now I'd love to have this one.

Aspire See-Through 500W

This would blow my friends' minds.

P.S. Have you noticed we are pretty much the only 3 active in the modding section.

Edited by Honda_Boy
Ahhh the Ultra X-Connect. Don't much care for it. I don't like the detachable connections cause that's another place for failure to occure.

Aspire See-Through 500W

This would blow my friends' minds.

P.S. Have you noticed we are pretty much the only 3 active in the modding section.

Yeah, it's all the young people - you know, not the ones who've memorized every registry fix of Windows 98 or the people who post every 5 seconds when they get an error (not that there's anything wrong with that!)

I wish I would have known earlier - would have gotten just for kicks

I told you guys as soon as I found out, but I found out from digg.com so a million other people saw it. I must have been one of the last to get one, people told me an hour later they were out...Sorry I didn't see it sooner.

I got mine the other day, it is pretty nice. Now I just have to find a project to put it in. I have been knocking around the idea of a new lexan case design, so it might fit in there.

BH

The Aspire is nice. But the x-connects appeal was primarily it price...FREE...:)

I really prefer the external connectors, it reduces clutter when you don't need as many power channels.

I noticed we are the only ones posting, but I am fine with it. Modders are a small group anyway, and there are a lot of modding forums on the net. What we need is converts...:).

I would post more if I wasn't spending so much time actually modding. I haven't updated my work log in a month. This weekends project:

Building a power distribution system for the Ammo PC.

I have to solder about 40 connections and install plugs for all of my centrifugal fans. Not a particulary rewarding job...:) I'll post pictures when I have something worth looking at. My previous couple of weeks have been spent making a custom acrylic bracket for the HD, PS, Fans, and dvd drive. It is very tight, so it has been a real PITA.

I am thinking about writing an How-To on making nice transitons between molex and rounded cables. Let me know if you guys are willing to proof read and provide comments before I publish it.

BH