It means that by this time windows w/ all of its holes, has been infected and is running slow by now and should be reinstalled anyways with a new 180 day trial =P

Actually... i have no idea, but its probuly just like all the other version, time to activate it or its not going to work.

It means that by this time windows w/ all of its holes, has been infected and is running slow by now and should be reinstalled anyways with a new 180 day trial =P

Actually... i have no idea, but its probuly just like all the other version, time to activate it or its not going to work.

That's what I assumed - not bad though considering he bought it offline for about 15 bucks

That's what I assumed - not bad though considering he bought it offline for about 15 bucks

I thought it was a "FREE" 180 day trial....;)

Anyway, there probably will be some notification that "The End is Near" and an offer to purchase it by contacting MS, but failing to do that by the offer's end date will probably just end up with a non-bootable machine.

I've never heard of "free" versions of XP

available. I think he bought something

trying to get by on the cheap.

IF it's for real, he will have to buy from M$

or end up with an unbootable machine

after his 180 days.

I've never heard of "free" versions of XP

available. I think he bought something

trying to get by on the cheap.

IF it's for real, he will have to buy from M$

or end up with an unbootable machine

after his 180 days.

Fairly common for Educational facilities to get these for distribution to students studying the OS. The idea is that they can install this on a spare drive and use it to learn the OS while taking the course at school where the school paid for a number of seats. I got one of the six month trial versions of Win2k server this way.

As noted, after the 180 days; the computer will not boot and you have to repartition and format and install a new OS.