Brushes In Ps

I downloaded a few brushes to use in Photoshop. My question is how do I use them. When I open the Brushes pallet I see alot of "normal" looking brush designs mostly different kinds of lines. How do I load the brushes I downloaded. When I double click one of them all it does is open PS. Thanks for your help

I downloaded a few brushes to use in Photoshop. My question is how do I use them. When I open the Brushes pallet I see alot of "normal" looking brush designs mostly different kinds of lines. How do I load the brushes I downloaded. When I double click one of them all it does is open PS. Thanks for your help

Will the following help you?

To load a library of preset brushes:

Choose one of the following from the Brush pop-up palette menu or Brushes palette menu:

Load Brushes to add a library to the current list. Select the library file you want to use, and click Load.

Replace Brushes to replace the current list with a different library. Select the library file you want to use, and click Load.

A library file (displayed at the bottom of the palette menu). Click OK to replace the current list, or click Append to append the current list.

Note: You can also use the Preset Manager to load and reset brush libraries. For more information, see Managing libraries with the Preset Manager (Photoshop).

To return to the default library of preset brushes:

Choose Reset Brushes from the Brush pop-up palette menu or Brushes palette menu. You can either replace the current list or append the default library to the current list.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------