Ps2 & Xbox Online

You can go online with PS2 and XBOX right? Can you get online with DSL? And is there some kinda subscription/fee for online gaming? My son is drivin me crazy over this and I really have no idea how to even get started or if its even possilbe with dsl. I know there is somethin you have to buy to go with the game stations.. I think LoL I guess my ? is... if I go buy whatever is needed, can i just hook it up, plug in the dsl and go online?

Consoles these days use ethernet connections (the wire coming from the DSL modem) or wireless if you have certain adapters. If you don't have one already, getting a 4-port router to give connections to the consoles is a good idea. In short, yes, online connections on gaming consoles (like PS2 and Xbox) are definately possible with DSL.

I have neither, but many of my friends do and they've explained it to me pretty well:

Xbox, I believe, has a ethernet port built into the console, so no adapter is needed. You do need an Xbox-Live account and headset, though. Xbox-live is Xbox's online system, and unfortunately there is a fee for an account subscription. I've been told that Xbox live is excellent, and very well done, and that its definately worth the money. Other than that, I don't know too much.

For PS2, all you need is an adapter for your PS2 and you can go online; no online fee you need to pay (at least not to Sony). I've heard that it isn't as well done as Xbox but still pretty good.

Good luck, I hope I could be of help...

• 3 weeks later...
Thanx alot.. That helped quiet abit since I really didnt know anythin about it. (Gettin advice from someone the same age as my daughter is weird tho) LoL

My son rather have xbox online I think.

Anywho Thanx murtu!

Angie:

If you are gonna use Xbox, I recommend that you look at the xbox homepage, paying particular attention to the routers that XBOX Live supports. When I went online with Verizon DSL, I asked if the Versalink 327W was capable of doing Xbox Live, and the Rep said yes - It has worked for me really well, and you can get a 3 month starter kit with the Communicator Headset, but you need a Debit OR Credit card to use during the trial - then after, it will charge the selected card for the yearly membership fee, or a monthly fee, depending on what cycle you choose.

The Networking instructions are pretty easy, and they show you what to do, so if you need any help with that BT's Members will be glad to help you :)

BTW - I have a Ps2 as well, and have wired them both for Net use :)

Take Care,

Brian

• 2 weeks later...
You can go online with PS2 and XBOX right? Can you get online with DSL? And is there some kinda subscription/fee for online gaming? My son is drivin me crazy over this and I really have no idea how to even get started or if its even possilbe with dsl. I know there is somethin you have to buy to go with the game stations.. I think LoL I guess my ? is... if I go buy whatever is needed, can i just hook it up, plug in the dsl and go online?

Ps2 Free

Xbox live not ^^