Sponsored By

tictoc5150

Post Your Desktop?

Trying out a new program Terragen. Well new to me anyway... :lol:

Terragen

Another Terragen pic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I use Terragen, I suggest getting some surfaces and atmopheres other people have made to help as well. It is also fun to just make your own up. My latest image is Terragen plus someone elses atmophere/sky and a mix and match of my own surfaces/ground and other peoples.

What I make with it is just scratching the surface, there is much you can do with it, even animation.

I use Paint Shop Pro to convert it to a JPG image.

It is a fun and challanging program, I hope you like it.

Michael

hmmmm i don't suppose anyone will take a stab at it ah well my background believe it or not is a 3D Render made by the Forgotten Hope Team. Forgotten Hope is my favorite BF1942 mod. The planes are B-17's. It was pretty much the only background me and my dad could agree on. (It's my PC but it's the main PC that everyone uses) We both like the B-17.

Forgotten Hope Homepage

You can find the wallpapers in the Media section.

Its nothing much but I like it. The samurize client up in the corner is quite useful. Its Digo 5.0.

desktop.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

samurize?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its like Konfabulator. Iv never used konfabulator before so I dont know how customizeable it is but with samurize you can build your client from scratch. You can make your own scripts, design, meters etc etc. Or you can download sombody elses and modify it to your liking..

I use mine for system information. HDD space, System temps, Cpu usage and stuff like that. I also have a little RSS feed snuggled in there.

OK, you get my official seal of approval:

sealofapproval3cx.jpg

<edit> Ok, seriously. I love the background graphic, I could live with that many (or is it few?) icons, and I certainly love the on-screen calendar. I was going to ask you about that earlier, what it is, where to get it, but then I remembered: I don't like clutter. I'll stick with the taskbar calendar. :)

Edited by JDoors

sealofapproval3cx.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol

Here's my newest desktop.

I tried to get rid of everything but while downloading some bittorrents it automatically puts My Videos and BT Downloads on my desktop. Is there a way to get rid of recycle bin?

Edited by SN3AK

This Terragen is cool... :D

Now if I can find how to get the terrain to grow grass or get snow on the mountain ranges. I see there are plugins to activate but there are none. Must be a place to get them to add more to the Terragen program. I'll do some checking I guess. :blush:

Anyway....I call this Canyon Lake

sealofapproval3cx.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol

Here's my newest desktop.

I tried to get rid of everything but while downloading some bittorrents it automatically puts My Videos and BT Downloads on my desktop. Is there a way to get rid of recycle bin?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very good :-)

I have several surfaces and atmospheres, I can put them in a zip folder and email them to you if you want? They have many different landscapes, like grass and snow and flowers.

Michael

OOOPS!! your desktop is nice too SNA3K I was also talking to RV56

Edited by arachnid40

Hey that would be so cool arachnid40......I'll send e-mail through PM... :D

Ummm....I may need instructions on how to get them into the Terragen program or will the go there automatically? :unsure:

edit: PM has been sent to ya arachnid40 :thumbsup:

Thanks Bubba Bob....glad you liked the pic.

I'm a noob at this and trying to learn and figure out these programs... :lol:

Edited by rv56

I'm guessing you guys use photoshop for this stuff? Is there any way to get a free download of an older version of photoshop?

Hey that would be so cool arachnid40......I'll send e-mail through PM... :D

Ummm....I may need instructions on how to get them into the Terragen program or will the go there automatically?  :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To use a surface is simple:

Once Terragen is open, with the landscape menu up you will see below the word surface map is "open"

Go to where ever you saved the surfaces folder and click on one of them, you will see a list of different aspects of that surface. when you do a render preview you will see your surface.

the same goes for atmopheres.

If you need a clearer explenation let me know.

Michael

I'm guessing you guys use photoshop for this stuff? Is there any way to get a free download of an older version of photoshop?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I use Terragen and Paint Shop Pro 8.

Michael

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No version of Photoshop has entered into the public domain, i.e., they are still under copyright protection and cannot be obtained "for free."

The last entries in this fabulous post has links to alternatives:

Common Programs Needed By EVERYONE!

WaaHoo....okto_king_groovy.gif

arachnid40 it worked, I got it... :D

Thanks so much....I had just a little trouble finding the folders and had to play around a bit. But I finally got it... :blush:

So here is a quick pic. test using "Lava(surface)" and "Red Dawn(atmosphere)" just as they are. I then manipulated Terragen's own fog or steam to add to the terrain. :lol:

Thank you so much arachnid40 for your help.... :thumbsup:

Lava and Red Dawn

*Off to play around some more.... ;) *

Edited by rv56

WaaHoo....okto_king_groovy.gif

arachnid40 it worked, I got it... :D

Thanks so much....I had just a little trouble finding the folders and had to play around a bit. But I finally got it... :blush:

So here is a quick pic. test using "Lava(surface)" and "Red Dawn(atmosphere)" just as they are. I then manipulated Terragen's own fog or steam to add to the terrain.  :lol:

Thank you so much arachnid40 for your help.... :thumbsup:

Lava and Red Dawn

*Off to play around some more.... ;) *

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

looks good, :-)

desktop.jpg

Well thats it, I am using xp but a tranformation program to make it look like a mac.

Mac meets Lunix. lol

Edited by ampshock

OK, Finally figured out how to get rid of the Bit Torrent folders on my desktop so it's now completely clean. I then downloaded Terragen and tried to figure it out. I messed around a bit and came up with this

Clicky

How do you get the different colors and stuff on Terragen?

ampshock,

Nice wallpaper!

Can you attach it here so that I can have it?

Also, which proggie do you use to make it look like a mac?

OK, Finally figured out how to get rid of the Bit Torrent folders on my desktop so it's now completely clean. I then downloaded Terragen and tried to figure it out. I messed around a bit and came up with this

Clicky

How do you get the different colors and stuff on Terragen?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good job!