Post Your Desktop?

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm puttin this shot in a spoiler tag due to it's size. 3840 x 1024

*ok the spoiler tags don't seem to work on images. Here's a link instead, 56k beware.

Techy's Huge Desktop

Triple Monitors baby. I've now got it figured out. Main tasks in the main (Firefox, Zoom Player for anime, games,etc.) Winamp on the right, and uTorrent and Thunderbird on the left. This screenshot is before I thought to put uTorrent over there.

Edited by Honda_Boy

I thought anime paper was cool until I found out you had to contribute to continue getting wallpapers. That kinda sucked. I'm still tryin to figure out where people on AnimeSuki forums keep getting all theirs.

My latest. Was gettin kinda tired of red so i switched to a blue theme.

Techy's Desktop with Suigintou from Rozen Maiden

and with the start menu up

Start Menu Up

I'm quite enjoying this theme. Even the picture it comes with is nice but I like Suigintou better. She's a different character from the same series that my last one was from.

*I'm diggin that life force desktop Michael.

Edited by Honda_Boy

New Terragen, something I haven't done in awhile.

the click

Previous file was a .bmp at 4 MB so I had to convert it to .jpg.

Also, it took about 20 minutes to render, and 3 seconds after I saved it and closed Terragen the power in my house went out.

Lucky me.

Dropping in another... :rolleyes:

La Click

Awesome, is that Terragen 2?

I wish I could...

A) Figure it out

B) Render an image in a decent amount of time...

I waited about a half hour and barely rendered a small corner of the sky...

I really need to upgrade...

La Click

I wish I could...

A) Figure it out

Hi SN3AK.....

Yes I'm using Terragen 2 Preview (Free version). At this point with the free Preview version it will only render at 800x600 limit and less. Also if I go for a high quality render and depending on how much I add to the image I'm working on, render time can be very long. I found a way to use a quicker lower quality setting as I go along to see what things will look like, then once I'm somewhat ready I set the render quality higher. Some have been anywhere from 1 to as high as 7 hours to complete (I've read of even higher hrs. than this). One thing to note though is that my system is a 6 yr. old 900Mhz XP Home SP2 Celeron with 512 Mb Ram and a on board Graphics, so of course it really has to work hard...lol.

Just to see a difference I asked my daughter (when I was visiting her) if I could try Terragen 2 on her system which is a Dell Pentium 4 HT, 2.99 Ghz, 512 Ram and there was a great improvement.....naturally....lol.

There are many areas to explore and experiment with yet that I haven't tried....but it's a blast so far.

La Click

I wish I could...

A) Figure it out

Hi SN3AK.....

Yes I'm using Terragen 2 Preview (Free version). At this point with the free Preview version it will only render at 800x600 limit and less. Also if I go for a high quality render and depending on how much I add to the image I'm working on, render time can be very long. I found a way to use a quicker lower quality setting as I go along to see what things will look like, then once I'm somewhat ready I set the render quality higher. Some have been anywhere from 1 to as high as 7 hours to complete (I've read of even higher hrs. than this). One thing to note though is that my system is a 6 yr. old 900Mhz XP Home SP2 Celeron with 512 Mb Ram and a on board Graphics, so of course it really has to work hard...lol.

Just to see a difference I asked my daughter (when I was visiting her) if I could try Terragen 2 on her system which is a Dell Pentium 4 HT, 2.99 Ghz, 512 Ram and there was a great improvement.....naturally....lol.

There are many areas to explore and experiment with yet that I haven't tried....but it's a blast so far.

Wow, OK I thought I just had a crappy computer but seeing that...

Guess I'm gonna have to go find some tutorials then and try again. Hopefully once I upgrade to 1.5GB of RAM soon it'll help a bit.

Hmmm, I bet my system wouldn't have much of a problem with terragen but my brain would. I wouldn't have the patience I don't think.

PS: Athlon 64 3500+, 1GB PC3200 RAM, Twin 256MB GDDR3 EVGA e-GeForce 7600GT CO's

Got a new one. I went back to the RedDragon Theme. I was diggin the blue but that Suigintou wallpaper was the only one I wanted to use that matched it good. I wanted to change papers and again the red was the best one I had. I'm gonna have to find another good paper for the blue cause it's better on the eyes and more soothing I think.

Honda Boy's Latest Ridiculously Huge Desktop Screenshot

again linked cause of the triple monitor screenshot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, you all know I have triple monitors. This screenshot I just decided to enable SLI and did a single screen screenshot. The wallpaper is from Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu. The FMP series is one of my favorites. The first season was comedy and action (mostly action) but the second season, Fumoffu, was purely comedy. Then The Second Raid went back to action, as if Fumoffu never happened.

fmp-1.jpg

Edited by Honda_Boy

oh boy, i may be changin it again. i found a new site for wallpapers that has no sign up required and unlimited downloads. It calls itself a wallpaper image board but it's solely for anime wallpapers. So many to choose from, so little time.