Post Your Desktop?

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I finally went out and tried to make my own wallpaper. I know its nothing great, cause I just took the background out of the original photo, and used filters to make it black and what not (heh) but here was my first wallpaper attempt:

i hate you guys. i've been watching this thread and really enjoying the desktop images you've been making. i've stuck with the same desktop image that i made for about 6 years. now thanks you guys, especially Arachnid, Robroy, Mikex, and Michael, i feel the need the need to make a new one. once i start i don't stop until i've created the fabric of space in digital form from scratch. :rolleyes:

seriously i've enjoyed the images that you've shared. thank you guys. -_-

here is my progress for the day.

First Attempt

Second Attempt

Third Attempt

The three moods of macmarauder.

Nice.

M

first of all a special apology to x-cannon, i'm supposed to be working on a project for him. i finally got some time on the computer and i got a little sidetracked. i keep doing this and he hasn't complained once.

well i made another one and this time i used a little ingenuity to make it. i injected some ink into the tear ducks of the cosmic frog of the universe and let him cry it out onto a pen pad. then i got a priest to bless the pen pad before i used it to create. and this is what came out.

attempt # 1

attempt # 2

attempt # 3

it's weird to save your work in it's progressive stages and take a good look at how it formed. i like how this one came out but i still haven't even gotten close to the level of the one that i'm trying to replace. i just can't seem to hit that same grove that i did one that one 6 years ago. maybe that will be the pinnacle of my life, that one desktop image.

Hi Macmarauder,

These are certainly easier on the eyes than the exploding planets (although they are very, very cool, too!) ....But I have a soft spot for bubbles.....I always have a bottle on hand....for when little kids come over, yeah, that's the ticket....I likes bubbles! BUBBLES!! :rolleyes:

Liz

All I keep saying is WOW ...... :D

You guys are doing some awesome work....

I was just wondering.... :rolleyes: .....is there a free program you guys can recommend that I may have a look at or try to learn and play with? These are so cool what you guys are doing here... B)

Or maybe I don't have the system to run these programs to try this..... <_<

Just thought I would ask..... :rolleyes:

Ok thanks robroy.....I will have a try at it. After looking at the work being done here I just thought I would like to give it a try. It looks like fun and interesting. I'll see if I have any artistic ability..... :lol:

Thanks also murtu 52...... :D

first of all thanks again to all who share their creations and thanks for all the compliments.

OK i had another weird dream last night so i made this based on that dream. it's made entierly with bryce 4.0. i think it's my most imaginative try yet but it's still not good enough to top "blinky". i'm beginning that i'll be stuck with that desktop for another 6 years. but i'll keep trying. see ya guys later with another one.

WOOOOOOHHH!!!!

Edited by macmarauder
All I keep saying is WOW ...... :D

You guys are doing some awesome work....

I was just wondering.... :rolleyes: .....is there a free program you guys can recommend that I may have a look at or try to learn and play with? These are so cool what you guys are doing here... B)

Or maybe I don't have the system to run these programs to try this..... <_<

Just thought I would ask..... :rolleyes:

Hey my man... you can also try PhotoPlus 6 freeware

And another good one with tutorials is....Pixia

I personally like PhotoPlus... so much like PhotoShop, just less options.

My desktopThe Pip, one cute kitten. BTW I only have a recycle bin icon on my desktop. (hate clutter)

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got Gimp installed.... :D Thanks robroy for suggesting Gimp. I'm having a great time with it. Although not sure what I'm doing at times....I'm reading the tutorial and trying different things here and there... :rolleyes: and trying to get a feel for this progam.

Here are a few tries at using the "photo to sketch" method which I then just played around with things to see what they did and came up with these results.

First Try

Second Try

Third Try

Then I tried to create one on my own. Here I had a little trouble...I wanted to put a sphere or a planet in the middle. But couldn't find the sizing for sphere's. I'll do more reading on the tutorials....as I haven't gone through all of it yet.

So I named this one Super Nova's..... :D

My Own Super Nova's

I must say again....I'm having a great time playing and still trying to learn.

Thanks everyone for inspireing me to try something different.... :thumbsup:

Wow, RV!!

I like the second try the best, too. Reminds me of coloring a page with different colored crayons, then coloring everything black and "etching" out the picture. I just loved to do that, much to my mother's dismay for the crayons I went through and the mess the etching made, especially once those crayon flakes fell off the table and ground into the floor!! Yeah, I was a "bit" of a challenge growing up... :wacko:

Liz