Sponsored By

tictoc5150

Post Your Desktop?

well here's my temporary Vista Background until I get my new hard drive and get XP Home SP2 reinstalled.

Vistadesktop.jpg

in case you are wondering "Why only use Vista temporarily?" Well 1. Vista is slower than Christmas and unbelievably frustrating and 2. it's only the Beta 2 not the real deal.

here's my newest one on the fresh install of XP on my new Hard Drive.

It's a far cry from the Civic Type R I had before.

redhigurashi.jpg

Howdy folks! I have been without internet for a couple weeks finally back on. was getting the shakes!

I got me a new toy as well, I got a 19inch wide screen Acer monitor. I think I will continue to make my wallpaper at the 1024 x 768 though. I use 1440 x 900 now but I just center the wallpaper and it still looks good.

I made a new wallpaper while I was without the net:

Faith

Michael

My triple monitor setup

I have my main display in the middle (19" CRT) with a 17" LCD to the right and an older 17" CRT to the left. I use a cool little program called UltraMon to add separate taskbars to the two peripheral monitors. It works really well because each monitor essentially becomes a separate desktop (similar to the multiple desktop function found in Gnome and KDE for Linux). The only problem is the heat factor. Having three monitors on one desk creates a lot of heat and sometimes raises the room temp. by a few degrees.

Edited by Da5id

I like your wallpaper. Very futuristic!

So tell me, when you take screenshots using the PRINT-SCREEN key, is the screenshot taken from the screen where the mouse is located or does it compound what is on all 3 monitors? Using UltraMon, is it possible to set a different wallpaper for each monitor?

So tell me, when you take screenshots using the PRINT-SCREEN key, is the screenshot taken from the screen where the mouse is located or does it compound what is on all 3 monitors?

Print screen compounds all three monitors.

Using UltraMon, is it possible to set a different wallpaper for each monitor?

Yes, in fact ultramon has a lot of cool features that really increase the usefulness of multiple monitors. As far as wallpaper goes, you can either use the same one on each monitor (like the screenshot above), use a different one on each monitor, or span a really large wallpaper across all the monitors.

example

example

Edited by Da5id