Post Your Desktop?

sorry if this seems lame or in the wrong place ( it does involve graphic design though ;) )but I really get a kick out of looking at others desktops...also seems to inspire me to change it when I let mine stay the same for a long time....if you made yours I'd love to see it, and the same goes if you didn't...just please don't be using bliss xp...lol

my current mandrake/kde desktop:

Replaced Image with Link :)

Edited by tictoc5150
  • Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks, Nerelda! :D

flatiron__2.... surprised you're even using luna...most people that don't use a desktop pic are generally the same ones that have it set for best performance.

and JSKY...trying to be the only one on the planet using the olive theme?...lol...if I didn't use windowblinds I'd probably use silver but the green reminds me a little too much of baby $***...lol...cool pic though

and I agree with both of you, one thing windows has is alot of shortcuts to get what you want to open, no need for desktop clutter

Oooo! Thanks tictoc5150. Now I'm going to have to change the color. Never thought about the olive green and baby s***. LOL

At first I thought of posting one of my StyleXP themes, but I usually just run my normal desktop. Tho I do have two favorite Style XP themes that I do run alot. Of course, If everyone thinks of the olive green and baby s***

together, them maybe I am the only one running it. LOL

hey JSKY, sorry to point out the similarites in the color...lol... but hey, if you like it, thats all that counts....it's not like it smells like it!!!!!....lol

fllatiron_2..........yep, thats what I'd expect....I've tried not using themes but I spend alot of time in front of the computer (maybe too much) and need things to look cool.

there is a noticable improvement in performance when set like that though and can see why some would go without the eye candy.

Not gonna post my Linux desktop because it is nothing fancy...

desktop6jq.th.png

All information showed :)...except that I made the colors myself with 3DCC.

EDIT:!: Please hold, that is my old desktop.

EDIT:@: There we go.

EDIT:#: Yes, I do like it clean.

EDIT:$: Changed picture and credit information.

EDIT:%: Photobucket resized the big one....

EDIT:^: Hosted the file on imagshack.us; bigger restriction there

EDIT:&: Updated

EDIT:*: I'm running out of edits....Updated again to include a shot of Foobar2000.

Edited by Snaxe
  • 1 month later...

hey Ed! Nice background! Can you help me with something? I pulled up our old thread on sub.org today, and found my old background. *The Goddess is Alive one....page six, I think* I can't find that online anymore to put it back on..and want it again. Can you do something with that attached pic. so I can use it again??

ok, I finally found it! But I'd STILL like to get a new one made!

Hi Kat,

I saw that you were also talking about it in #besttechie and probably have one of the guys that do this stuff for a living makin' ya somethin cool but I threw a few pics I had into the GIMP and this is a quickie that I came up with for ya...you might not like it, so, I won't be offended if you don't use it. :D

Pagan Moon

Hi Kat.

sorry I didn't respond fast enough, been busy since I moved back to Iowa, yes you heard right Iowa. But I will be glad to help you out on any other thing syou need help on.

Ed

PS do you want me to get your avatars for your signature again, I will if you want me too.

ok, I finally found it! But I'd STILL like to get a new one made!

Hi Kat,

I saw that you were also talking about it in #besttechie and probably have one of the guys that do this stuff for a living makin' ya somethin cool but I threw a few pics I had into the GIMP and this is a quickie that I came up with for ya...you might not like it, so, I won't be offended if you don't use it. :D

Pagan Moon

*insert jaw dropping smilie here*

OMG! That is absolutely perfect and gorgeous!!!! If you don't mind, I'm going to use it! The only *change* I'd want, would be my text added to it in a neat font. Here's what I mean:

The Goddess is Alive.....(top of screen)

.....and Magick is Afoot!(bottom of screen)

That would ROCK if you could add that for me!! WOWEEE!! And no...no one "volunteered" to make me one. LOL ;) I know, everyone is busy with Spyware and Hijacks. I have a long way to go to get back to being able to do those again. I am *so* far behind from being out sick the past two months.

Thanks again!!

Kat

Hi Kat.

sorry I didn't respond fast enough, been busy since I moved back to Iowa, yes you heard right Iowa. But I will be glad to help you out on any other thing syou need help on.

Ed

PS do you want me to get your avatars for your signature again, I will if you want me too.

IOWA?? What the heck are you doing back there?? Ya need to pm me and fill me in I think...either thru here or via chat later. *or* you know my email addy, ya know.

And yeah..there's lots to fill you in on from here. I'm just getting back involved this past week, after another round of doctors. I'll explain more laters.

Thanks for the offer of help. I know you will if I need ya to! ;)